No announcement yet.

Trailer to carry mini digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep Jim you are right, no brakes, but then with 100 HP will I really need any?
    Anyway £500 if I can make something from whats already in the yard, its a no brainer, or is it just me with no brain?
    Pete

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
      Yep Jim you are right, no brakes, but then with 100 HP will I really need any?
      Anyway £500 if I can make something from whats already in the yard, its a no brainer, or is it just me with no brain?
      Pete
      Well you would be better with brakes in my opinion.

I have towed my digger on my trailer with my tractor and the trouble you will find is
      1) the tractor draw bar tends to be too high so you sometime have to drive with the hitch down a little and not locked in which ain't great and not very safe either
      2) when it's wet or muddy the tractor covers the windows of your digger in shit!

Plus I should mention even with the digger being pulled with my 115hp John Deere there was a time in the snow when the digger offered to push the back of the tractor out whilst cornering! Lol
      Last edited by Wee Jim; 27-11-2012, 09:59 PM. Reason: Bloody auto correct spelling nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        Well you would be better with brakes in my opinion.

I have towed my digger on my trailer with my tractor and the trouble you will find is
        1) the tractor draw bar tends to be too high so you sometime have to drive with the hitch down a little and not locked in which ain't great and not very safe either
        2) when it's wet or muddy the tractor covers the windows of your digger in shit!

Plus I should mention even with the digger being pulled with my 115hp John Deere there was a time in the snow when the digger offered to push the back of the tractor out whilst cornering! Lol
        Yes Jim, all fair comments, only I wont get shit on the windows, because all I have is a canopy, so will just end up with a shitty arse.

Comment

A 100hp tractor would lift around 5 tonne on the rear hydraulics arms ,just put some cat3 lift points on it ...{ok so i was joking}

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
            A 100hp tractor would lift around 5 tonne on the rear hydraulics arms ,just put some cat3 lift points on it ...{ok so i was joking}
            That crossed my mind too! Or make a cradle for the three point linkage!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              Or make a cradle for the three point linkage!
              Yes that would work ok .
              Last edited by Wazza; 27-11-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

something went wrong with the calculations..

Trevor Rotates.jpg

Here is 'Trevor', a homebrew - tough as old boots but unusable on the road behind Landie.

Comment

What a ripper of a trailer there Jack ,not wanting to sound rude or anything but it looks like something I would tow behind my lawnmower .
                  Axle looks a bit far forward too.

Comment

I think it was the spade on the top that overloaded it Jack
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                      What a ripper of a trailer there Jack ,not wanting to sound rude or anything but it looks like something I would tow behind my lawnmower .
                      Axle looks a bit far forward too.
                      Ha ha!! You're absolutely right and now that you've pointed it out it I can see the axle is in the wrong place! S'funny how I can miss such easy stuff? Still, Trevor tracks perfectly behind our old Pug 406, which was in the yard when I laid out the chassis so that was the height he was built for.....but now he only gets used for gravel to grade the drive .......which also requires an EC15...which is on another thread.

Comment

Un likely will be able to carry your 1.5 tone digger leagly if you are on singal axle

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                        I have an old trailer with a body size 8' x 4', I need to put in a new floor for which I already have a sheet of alloy plate.
                        Its on a single axle, 1.5 inches square, but has a fairly short draw bar.
                        Can anyone offer any advice as to whether this will be strong enough to carry a 1.5 ton mini digger?
                        I only intend to move it within a mile or so radius from my farm, and will tow it with a 100 HP tractor.
                        hope someone can help!!
                        Thanks
                        Pete
                        Un likely will be able to carry your 1.5 tone digger leagly if you are on singal axle

Does the trailer have a vin plate? If you need a chat 07757554967 www.pbmetrailers.co.uk

Comment

Bored and rakeing though old threads .Did you ever sort a trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            Bored and rakeing though old threads .Did you ever sort a trailer?
                            Well "Trevor" above gave me a giggle anyway Ian
                            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

No Ian I didn't.
                              What I did was, put digger on pallet, then lift with Matbro onto tipping trailer, get trailer with pick-up hitch, drive to site, and reverse procedure.
                              Forgot to add, left pallet fork in pallet, picked up front bucket, then when on site, Matbro becomes a dumper.
                              After a few times I became a dab hand at loading and unloading this way.
                              But in June this year I had a farm sale, everything sold now except for mini, so it has to get itself out to where its needed,
                              Will only be on farm for another 18 months, then it will have to find a new place to live. (sadly)
                              Pete

Comment

End of an era . Do you hope to find another rural setting , or into the hustle and bustle of town .

Comment

Working...
                                X