Mr. Plow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Plow!

We got a fair bit of the soft fluffy stuff today so I finally got to put my plow to some good use and after I was done plowing the driveway I went down to the river and plowed open a trail for other ATV people albeit a short one, I used my little hatchet to chop a hole to check ice thickness before I put down the full weight of the machine and I think the thickness is about 6-10 inches which means it's strong enough to drive on with a quad. I really wish I had a hand drill with a two or three foot long bit so I could get a better idea of how thick it is, but the hatchet worked, just made an uglier hole. In some places I had up to a foot of snow to plow and had to take a bit of a run to get some momentum. A few guys I ride with have studded tires and they say that makes a huge difference in traction and a couple of other guys I know who have a lot more money have tracks so they ride right on top no problem. lol Anyway here's a few pictures of my plowing activities today.
    Attached Files

Looks like it is getting closer to snowmobile play time .Do you ski Bert?.

Comment

I have ski'd in the past when I was younger and a little more fit for that kind of thing. But it always took me time to get into as I'm afraid of heights, and I would never ski down a mountain I'd probably take the lift back down the mountain after seeing how high it is. lol Our river trail is suppose to be more for quads and that's partly why we plow it, the snowmobile people have proper groomed trails where they go like 100mph.

Comment

Working...
      X