Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A true story

A driven man with a burning passion.

Hmmm, I find the story to be too convenient and was enhanced to present an interesting (if fictitious) case. It may be written as a true story, but some of the facts are suspect.

"A witness saw the son load the shotgun?" If so, why wasn't it reported if it was a known fact that the husband threatened the wife regularly with it?

Also, given the strict laws governing gun ownership in the UK, if it was such a widely held understanding that the old fellow did the threatening with the shotgun, I would think the authorities would have relieved the threat a long time ago.

As far as pellets exiting the glass with enough force to kill a human, that is questionable unless he was loaded with buckshot. It may be different in the UK, but in the US, any structure over a few stories high has to have laminated glass installed to prevent a hazard to the street below in the event of breakage. In this case, if the aforementioned shotgun pellets were #4 or smaller, it is doubtful that any could penetrate the glass with enough residual velocity to kill a human, regardless of where it hit.

I might also add that were a net installed at the 8th floor to catch the errant workman should he fall, that fact would have been pretty well known to the residents of the building, including the son.

Nonetheless, it does highlight an interesting catch 22.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
      Hmmm
      A compelling resume of 'defence' and 'question' Sir ! .... when concreting and slapping out dormers interests you no more .. surely a job in the legal profession awaits ... I couldnt disagree with a word of your analysis, and, an interesting conundrum none the less Stock
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X