Been doing a bit of work at home .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been doing a bit of work at home .

Well , We must be getting old , Did not get All the frame up ,But still got the frame up equal to the last one .But at the end of the day Last time we had the Z perlins on as well .

Looking good ,although the roof pitch might be a bit flat to shift the snow in winter ...

Comment

Start of the project .Post brackets to go in the concrete .

Comment

Ian that construction wouldn't suffice here, I have a 6m sq shed, On one side I used a shipping container lifted by 600mm off the ground, the roof trusses are 175 I beam and the uprights are the same size I beam buried a meter deep in concrete. The purlins are 150x 75 treated timber covered with 2mm roofing cladding ............I omitted to put in the anti drip membrane but I may spray the roof in time with insulation.
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Posts and Beams are 200 C channel . i50 Z perlins then accross on top . The post brackets are in a metre deep concrete pier hole .

Comment

Seeing as this is my 900 post

I have never seen that type of light construction here Ian except for those cheap kit garages that distort in the wind.........

Comment

Well , The other section of shed is made of 150 C perlins ,and Z perlins . It still standing .

Comment

Obviously it is sized for the environs it is intended to occupy. I trust you don't get snow, much less freezing temps that would create frost heave. As Stock noticed, I am sure you have a better support for the roof and side walls once the purlins and girts are installed. My barn is also constructed of main steel beams and supports with Z purlins and girts. What is the spacing of them on yours? Here's a pic or two of mine when I was putting it up.
                Attached Files

Comment

You should see how much the frost has heaved my dad's driveway where it meets his garage floor must be at least 2 inches, bloody good thing they put lots of really good base down and lots of rebar.

Comment

Nice shed Bruce, are you sheer tying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                      Nice shed Bruce, are you sheer tying it?

Apparently, the side walls are now of sufficient height to require it. I was concerned they didn't call for it, but when I asked, I was informed the angle bracket tied to the concrete foundation that the panels screw into and the wall panels themselves create the necessary shear resistance. I can tell you that once I put the first couple of sheets on, the frame stopped wobbling. I did build the office/apartment in the corner, and when I did, it was framed with 2x6 studs with 1/2" sheeting glued and nailed to each section before it was wedged into the wall space between the girts and the foundation, thus increasing the shear resistance tremendously.

Comment

Sorry Bruce,when you didn't reply I thought you didn't understand my question...........

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          Sorry Bruce,when you didn't reply I thought you didn't understand my question...........
                          I'm from 'Merica, so I don't understand the Scottish Brogue unless you type R E A L slow and LOUD!

Comment

Bruce , Really , Can't you understand the Irish Brogue . The Wee Irishman could get upset .

Comment

I don't suffer from Hogmanay or Burns brogue................

“Flow gently, sweet Afton, among thy green braes; Flow gently, I'll sing thee a song in thy praise”
                              “The best laid schemes o' mice and men Gang aft a-gley; And leave us naught but grief and pain For promised joy”

Comment

Working...
                              X