No announcement yet.

Evening all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much, quite intrested in the work down there, specifically the big mines!
    Is there such thing as half a hole?

Comment

By the look of some of your photos , the change of climate should not be much of a challenge to you.
      Basiclly there would be two real location choices . Western Australia , And Queensland Where I am .
      WA is mainly Iron Ore mines . QLD is Coal Mines .
      Wazza has just been on a driving holiday through WA , So he could give you a bit of a Feel for the Iron ore mining area .
      QLD coal mines ,are about 3 to 4 hours drive to the coast and civilisation as we know it .

Comment

No problems with being Isolated, used to that by now!

What are Auzzie employers like about contracting Brit planties? Ive got a friend who works over there on mineral exploration who does use planties, but he does say its hard to find british lads operating over there.

Especially at my currently youthfull age

Comment

Mate ,I would say ,with your background in the Armed forces should stand you in a good light .At the moment Our dickhead goverment has brought in a Carbon tax ,and a Mining Tax , which is affecting the mining industry .
          I am not in the industry ,so don't know the ins and outs of it .
          But , Wages are good , and conditions are good .
          I live just south of Gladstone ,One of the Major coal ports on the QLD coast .

Comment

Well thats my main reason for signing up here, gathering knowledge on the industry both home and away. If i could find an employer who would contract me, 6 on 2 off or something similar with accommodation (which im aware they have at the mines) then i would be keen, from what i have seen the wages often triple that off what is being offered back home.

Main problem i see is that i am only 23, started shoveling earth at 16 on a scrapyard, is age a massive factor in employment in the industry?

Comment

Here , Check this out .
              http://www.australia-mining.com/?G1

Comment

Most mining jobs here are 7days on ,7 off . So really ,you only work half a year .

Comment

Will have a nosey now, appreciated!

Comment

Here is a facebook site ,
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cribhut/198285303564476

Comment

Cheers bud!

Comment

Dont believe that 7 on 7 off stuff ,many places are FIFO and can be as long as 4 weeks on with 12 hour days and one week off ...

Comment

Due to how ive worked for my career so far ive got no problems with the long days and weeks away at a time. Thats where the moneys at!

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                            Dont believe that 7 on 7 off stuff ,many places are FIFO and can be as long as 4 weeks on with 12 hour days and one week off ...
                            That is construction . Once sites are operational , shifts change .

Comment

Oh and welcome to the forum Craig ...

Comment

Cheers bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X