No announcement yet.

So what do you think of this Q-hitch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the excavator attachment. What's to stop a user from hooking up a series of them? It becomes an infinity excavator Just think of the reach (and the immense counterweights)

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
      . There are some out there that still think pin-on buckets are still the cat's meow and not just Trax on BCEF, and I've met a few old timers that still prefer the old low pressure gear pumps or worse yet draglines and cable backhoes.
      I don`t mind being called an old timer. :D But I think you`re a bit tongue in cheek with the draglines and cables bit.
      I can understand old timers wanting gear pumps because they are infinitely cheaper but tbh the modern variable flow pumps are good and reliable.We were using variable flow on industrial machinery in the seventies.Cartridges for them were cheap and restored outputs to as new.Doubt they will be cheap where mobile plant is concerned.

To get back to your point about operators.
      Do you think Balfour Beatty just decided one day to ban single lock hitches on a whim?
      Do you think it`s always of no reflection on the driver when an attachment falls of the end of a stick?
      If you can`t trust a driver to get out his cab and fit a safety pin/check the attachment is correctly fitted,do you really think he`s going to do it to wipe some hydraulic fittings clean.
      We manufacture parts for a hitch builder.We supply far more safety pins than he builds hitches which leads me to believe that at certain times there are a lot of hitches on machines without a safety pin.
      I`m with Trax on this,until the average machine operator comes with a bit more concern for the safety of people around him,two pins and a BFH are the way to go.
      Another side to this is,why are people working under buckets and why are machines working over people?

Comment

No I have actually me old timers that still think draglines and cable backhoes are the best thing since sliced bread.
        I have no idea who the hell Balfour Betty is or what a twin lock hitch is we simply call them pin-grabbers here, the quick couplers here that are commonly used are wedge-type couplers which were developed years ago as an alternative to pin-grabbers as they cut down on the loss of digging force associated with pin-grabbers. Though I personally prefer the pin grabbers and most of them are hydraulic making the process that much faster to change attachments. I've never heard of anybody over here getting squished to death by a falling bucket, not to say it hasn't happened, but maybe people here are looking up a little more and not walking beneath raised buckets or the operators ground them when not in use?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post

I have no idea who the hell Balfour Betty is
          Here`s who they are.

http://www.bbcap.ca/

Comment

Excellent idea ,wonder how it would be 5 yrs down the line ,once it's had a knock about and that
            Dial before you dig

Comment

That is sick

Title says it all really. No hardship wiping the connectors between each change I want one ! (or should i say all of them)!

Comment

Working...
              X