Snow with Wee Jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow with Wee Jim

Right guys we have had a fair bit of snow! The first day it came I got a call to clear a local hotel car park so got the plough on and did that then came home. I had the tractor and plough sitting in the drive and got a knock at the door from the roads guy with the local council. He was asking if I was looking for a hire! Aye when? I said. Now he says so I fire on out the door and got 4 hours of a hire not much I know but it was a start! So the next few days passed and there was not much s'more snow until the Friday so I headed home from work and put on the plough ready Incase I got a call. I was called and told to go out at 5am Saturday morning great! Sat morning I was called 4.15am told where to go and I started at half past! I have a agreed an hourly rate and agreed they will maintain my plough I.e change the rubbers and turn them etc. it's been great been burning 100/150 litres of diesel a day! I have been taking a lot of picture for you guys to see so here we go!

Firstly I am getting this sign made by Agri Signs to go on the back of my weight box when I am ploughing snow!

One day I was working on the highest A road in Britain at Glenshee with the blower keeping the road open

That was the Monday! On the Monday night/Tuesday we had 18inch of snow fall so that made it fun! Is hard to find the Center of the road at times and keep off the verge! Alot of steering and side brakes required to keep straight

I got to work along side the loader from the quarry opening up some roads. He had a big v plough and I was tidying up behind him.

Comment

Cool Stuff Jim good pics !..... (Is that you sorted with what you were asking me ?)
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Great pics Jim ,good to see your getting some use of the blade and tractor. All that white stuff is a bit foreign to us down here though ...

Comment

Good work Jim, we usually see the big V-plows on graders that are also equipped with a wing to push the snow out further. Looks like pretty heavy wet stuff we don't get a lot of that in this part of Canada but down east and into the rockies they see a lot more of it.

Comment

Great pics Jim. You'd laugh at my "wee" plow on my John Deere. I'm still dialing it in. I need a 3rd hydraulic circuit to work the angle, until then, I have an iron bar to hold it on-angle. Here's a pic of it during the R&D phase.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is your tractor four wheel drive to Bruce? I've looked at some similar tractors mostly Kubota but none of them come with a heated cab, I had thought that it would be a good little machine with a backhoe on it so I could do work for farmers and the municipality around here but no heat no deal. lol

Comment

Bert, CozyCab makes one that fits and you can get AC/heat. I get enough blowback from the motor to keep me reasonably warm. A heat hauser would definitely be enough if I wanted to keep warmer.

It is a 4x4 machine, but I keep the turf tires on because this doubles as my lawn mower. I also have a Honda 4x4 ATV with a plow, but it's easier to use this as I can quick change to the bucket if I need to pile the snow up.

Comment

Plowing my driveway until a weld let go on my plow. My friend fixed up better than before later in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt6uH...AeZg_w&index=2

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                    Great pics Jim. You'd laugh at my "wee" plow on my John Deere. I'm still dialing it in. I need a 3rd hydraulic circuit to work the angle, until then, I have an iron bar to hold it on-angle. Here's a pic of it during the R&D phase.
                    http://www.nationalimplement.com/tra...er-valves.html
                    Try one of these Bruce, allows you to divert the tip/ dump function to the angle function while the valve is activated. A lot of tractor loader manufacturers here use them for grab functions.
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

By the way Jim excell pictures............Thanks..............
                      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                        Bert, CozyCab makes one that fits and you can get AC/heat. I get enough blowback from the motor to keep me reasonably warm. A heat hauser would definitely be enough if I wanted to keep warmer.

It is a 4x4 machine, but I keep the turf tires on because this doubles as my lawn mower. I also have a Honda 4x4 ATV with a plow, but it's easier to use this as I can quick change to the bucket if I need to pile the snow up.
                        Thanks Bruce! Did you guys get any snow yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          http://www.nationalimplement.com/tra...er-valves.html
                          Try one of these Bruce, allows you to divert the tip/ dump function to the angle function while the valve is activated. A lot of tractor loader manufacturers here use them for grab functions.

Thanks for the link. I have heard of using these but my dealer was a bit vague about details. I can get a "Power Beyond" kit to add a 3rd circuit to the rear of the tractor, but then you need another SVC to control it or it is always live. This solution is cheaper and more to-the-point.

Bert, we had an ice storm here yesterday with just a glaze. It was worse to the north. That followed a 1" snowfall. Today, it is in the 50's, tomorrow close to 60. Then Thursday back into the teens. They are also predicting severe thunderstorms tomorrow and evening with 2 - 3 inches of rain. Pretty volatile.

Comment

P.S. Sorry Wee Jim for hijacking your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              By the way Jim excell pictures............Thanks..............
                              I have a heap more and one that I absolutely love but I can't get photobucket to work on the ipad or iPhone! Is there any other way to get them off these devices and onto the forum?

Comment

Working...
                              X