Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you ? Dont shoot that haggis !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stock View Post

Do ye have the nobbly knees and funny hand shake Muz??
    I can assure you fella ... I have the entire 'works'... as a life long member of the 'jaggy bunnet' club

Matter of fact .. I was married 20 odd years ago in my finest garb including the clan tartan and a velvet doublet ... the doublet is a bit of a sqeeze now .. but the kilt remains a pleasure to wear, and as I annoyingly reminded Mrs Muz recently ... atleast I can still wear my wedding dress .... which didnt go down well (although I was only joking) ... she reminded me that I hadn't produced our two children in the recent years :wub: ... hehe .. and I have to say its hard not to forgive a woman when she quotes that at you .. particularly when a frying pan is being waved
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

A few observations/questions from the land of the hamburger.

1) Are Haggis(es) dangerous?

2) Can they be domesticated?

3) Do they need rabies shots?

4) What other inoculations are required to keep your pet Haggis healthy?

5) You Scottish folk eat some queer stuff.

6) Does it taste good with ketchup?

7) "Hamburger" is derived from German hams.

8) Are Haggis(es) leash trainable?

9) Do you also eat "Haggis Fries" when enjoying the fine mix of mush you call Haggis?

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post

9) Do you also eat "Haggis Fries" when enjoying the fine mix of mush you call Haggis?

Hamburgers I thought came from ham burg............
        Well Irish beef burgers now contain up to 30% equine ............
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Exceedingly .. on no account should wild ones be approached without the correct calling device , and I dont mean a Samsung Galaxy .. you will need one of these http://www.philipmorrisdirect.co.uk/...-call/product/ they will respond to it .. reluctantly at first but soon you will have them gathering out of curiosity

Not easily .. many have tried, but often failed .. but once you have mastered the art, they can make a very faithful house pet .. toilet training is the hard bit ... and they have an abject hate of postmen ... I think its the red bags that do it myself ? Oh and knives .. that is one sure way to make it bolt .. pull out a Sgian Dubh .. and watch him take off

Puleeze can we have senseible questions only ... everyone knows thats a French thing ... and their legs are far too short to make it to the channel ... I mean the Haggis

No injections but .. Guinness is a favourite .. it perks them up .. I usually chuck a can down their necks before showing them at local fairs and shows .. it gives them a healthy swagger

Its what gives us our 'edge' see under "porridge" .. now theres a super food

No I put milk in mine

And Irish Horses .. I think stock already covered that

I had one that I managed to 'break' in once .. it was a wild thing altogether to start with .. in the end it would go for walks no problem, people would stop and pet it, which it liked. My wife knitted it a wee tartan jacket to keep the heat in

I go one better and have it curried they can be a bit spicy to start with, but .. Haggis Pakora is a delicacy, best taken with a little pickle masala The Indians go mad for it .. They also pioneered its use as a weapon. Theres several you tube clips of mujahideen launching them using ground mortars with fatal consequences ........a simple error ... too much corriander and cumin

Well I hope all that brings you up to speed
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Brilliant! I knew I could count on you Muz to clarify the muddled mind of a Yank ...................................

Comment

Haha ! very good

Comment

Dan are you one of them Haggis Hunters??

Comment

Fully fledged and of the brotherhood

Comment

So what your haggis story then.........................

Comment

she never loved me

Comment

Now this yank is cornfused again. I just saw a show "How It's Made" and they showed "Black Pudding." Another of these oddities common to the tribes? I haven't a clue

Comment

Well there are two types black & white...............they are delicious .................there are very serious competitions between butchers to see who makes the best.............HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA pudding............

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            Well there are two types black & white...............they are delicious .................there are very serious competitions between butchers to see who makes the best.............HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA pudding............

Okay, but what is it? Here, pudding is sweet and usually flavored chocolate or vanilla (or other flavors like ice cream) and made with milk. This stuff was served (on TV) with bacon or ham and potatoes. Other than just learning not to stick my arm between your mouth and a plate of black pudding, I am still in the dark.

Comment

It a savoury dish, here we normally eat it in a fry with pork sausage, rasher, egg.....................ir as part of the full Irish Breakfast

Comment

Aye .. I'm very partial to a wee bit black pudding, and white, although, my wifes family are from Aberdeenshire, and those folks really only eat white puddings, which have a higher oat meal content, which they refer to as mealy puddin's .. it seems the black pudding is more a west coast speciality ... made with conjealed blood

Comment

Working...
                                X