Boots .. whats your choice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
    The one trouble with a brand new pair of boots: blisters. I just put a new pair into circulation the other day. I'm paying for it now.
    Isnt it the way ? .. you just get em comfy .. and they start letting in water

Well I wear a lot of wellies, as , with our countries weather I'm usually working in wet stuff ... on a job at the moment and its muck everywhere, Ive discovered neoprene for wellies is great ... using a pair of 7mm thick boots atm .. which are warm and toasty, and light .. even if your feet get damp in them they are not cold ... works ok for this climate anyway

I agree with the OP .. I need to drive and do things that require a boot to not be clumsy and leave your feet reasonably agile .. but its not easy to find something that does 'all'
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Isnt it the way ? .. you just get em comfy .. and they start letting in water

Well I wear a lot of wellies, as , with our countries weather I'm usually working in wet stuff ... on a job at the moment and its muck everywhere, Ive discovered neoprene for wellies is great ... using a pair of 7mm thick boots atm .. which are warm and toasty, and light .. even if your feet get damp in them they are not cold ... works ok for this climate anyway

I agree with the OP .. I need to drive and do things that require a boot to not be clumsy and leave your feet reasonably agile .. but its not easy to find something that does 'all'
      Got that right Muz my wife thinks it's funny I've so many pairs of boots, usually its women that have that many pairs of shoes or more.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        Got that right Muz my wife thinks it's funny I've so many pairs of boots, usually its women that have that many pairs of shoes or more.
        Hell yeah ... my secretary wears different shoes or boots every day/week .. must cost her a fortune .. then she told me she had a clear out recently .. and chucked most of her stuff out .. what is it with wimmen ?

Whereas .. If I dont get a year out of a pair of boots .. I'm looking for the fooking warranty card ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          usually its women that have that many pairs of shoes or more.
          ...what about a lady centipede? It'd take her 2 hours to put her shoes on.....

Comment

i've been wearing CAT steel toe boots and steel toe sneakers for the last 20years and swear by them - a mate had his foot run over by a dumper and apart from a few bruises nothing was broken and he was wearing CATs

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee
              I have no idea about the kind of wrenches they are or what brand they belong to. I feel they may be used for spark plugs, though I am not sure about it.

WTF???
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                WTF???
                Seems to be what is commonly known as a spammer .

Comment

Was he not a spammer before? Name looks familiar on here!

Comment

Aye.... and I bagged 'im ...........hold on..

. Bagged again........

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                      I only wear the Finest in Queensland Premium Safety Boots .
                      LOL Workplace health and safety are cracking down around here so went to these .10329320_242435695950445_54800580638151123_n.jpg

Comment

The state your feet are in should be an advertisement as to the importance of safety footware!

Dr Martens for me, accept nothing less

Comment

aahhh , but did you notice all toes are present and accounted for .Plus you don't need sunglasses to see over the white glare of sock protected feet .LOL

Comment

LOL nice one, I'm in stitches!!

Comment

boots for dry ...... wellies for the wet ....... no such thing as leather wellies .... yet to find a 'waterproof' leather boot.

got long narrow/slim feet (one of which is 'faulty') and struggle to find comfortable boots .... if it's comfy I'll buy/wear it .... no matter who's it is make-wise. Used to have a TUF factory close to here and their boots always sufficed if they fitted .... as for wellies .... neoprene is your friend ... comfy and warm ... have had Aigle Parcous for several years now and always warm and comfy even when it's well below Zero .... have you heard of such things Ian ..... like being in the fridge , 'cept it's outdoors and everywhere
                              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Rain ?????? Cold ???? Wellies ??
                                What is this strange talk .????????
                                I got my foreign Phrase book out , looking for the meanings

Comment

Working...
                                X