Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Else with This Problem Yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Else with This Problem Yesterday?

Yesterday afternoon, I attempted to navigate through the site. The main forum page opened fine. When I clicked on a thread, all of a sudden I was re-directed to a Facebook Error message. I clicked the "back" button and returned to the forum page. I then clicked the thread I wanted to read again and was once again re-directed to the FB error message. I then closed Chrome and restarted it. Then when I tried to access the forum, I was once again at the FB error message.

Today, everything is fine.

Never had any problems like that.
    MacBook Pro running OS-10.6.8 with Safari 5.17.
    Was it a particular thread?

Comment

The forum was previously putting an error message in this box below

fb.jpg

So I referenced the problem from VB who offered a fix, by adjusting some code in the FB template which I did,last weekend and it works. The problem arose due to the way the FB platform is hard coded into the forum software. So if FB changes some of its code, the forum software needs altered similarly, VB dont seem to be doing much in the way of development of this issue of VB4 and seem to be going all out to produce VB5 atm., so there was no update to fix the issue per se..

It may have been a temporary glitch at FB's end that you experienced relating to the hard code .. I dunno ? .. but if its working now .. it unlikely to be a forum issue, since Ive changed nothing this week .. but we'll keep an eye on it
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        The forum was previously putting an error message in this box below

So I referenced the problem from VB who offered a fix, by adjusting some code in the FB template which I did,last weekend and it works. The problem arose due to the way the FB platform is hard coded into the forum software. So if FB changes some of its code, the forum software needs altered similarly, VB dont seem to be doing much in the way of development of this issue of VB4 and seem to be going all out to produce VB5 atm., so there was no update to fix the issue per se..

It may have been a temporary glitch at FB's end that you experienced relating to the hard code .. I dunno ? .. but if its working now .. it unlikely to be a forum issue, since Ive changed nothing this week .. but well keep an eye on it
        Tanks! I know VB can be cantankerous, but that one had me puzzled. Your explanation works for me. Something to be aware of when we update the VB version at ACMOC.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
          Tanks! I know VB can be cantankerous, but that one had me puzzled. Your explanation works for me. Something to be aware of when we update the VB version at ACMOC.
          thought you guys were pretty much up to date ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yep we are the same as here 4.2.0 I'm working with my committee on some improvements. In case you don't know, we also have a website with an online store. We've got some other work to do. I just like to try and stay informed if anyone else has issues, even when they are mine, LOL.

Comment

What do you sell at the online store?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                What do you sell at the online store?
                Bert, we have lots of stuff. Scale models, clothing, books, memberships, etc.. We are just starting with some reproduction parts as well. If Muz doesn't mind, here's a link. http://www.acmoc.org/store/

Comment

Bert, we have lots of stuff. Scale models, clothing, books, memberships, etc.. We are just starting with some reproduction parts as well. If Muz doesn't mind, here's a link. http://www.acmoc.org/store/
                  That's pretty neat Bruce I like the D9 models especially the one with the winch. I've thought about getting a CCM model or two but it all costs money and I don't have lots right now. lol

Comment

Not at all fella

Comment

Working...
                    X