Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing the forum from a Mobile phone .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing the forum from a Mobile phone .

Muz ,I have just been talking with a forum member who is having trouble accessing the forum though his phone .Any tips onwhat to try ?
    "It often refuses to load on my phone, paticularly with links.
    I shall have to retry as I got my new phone a few weeks back. but I expect it'll be the same as before. Could well be the settings Im running my end."

Works ok on my phone ,except that the screen is a bit small for easy viewing{yes I can zoom in} .......But then it does have to fit in my pocket....

Comment

I see Rory has manged to get on with his new phone . Give us a test photo post Rory .I know ACMOC forum has a no frills version of the forum which is easier to access by phone and dialup users .

Comment

Bit better but still not all the way there....

its the little message/new post images down the left side of the main page that have issues.

Just tried to post a screen, I cannot load attachments?
        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

I am Sure Muz will get to the bottom of it for you Rory .

Comment

Ive re-enabled the forum runner app for mobile phone useage .. I think you have to pay for it, but it optimises the site for mobile use .. not sure what platforms it works on, think its just apple and android.

You will get the option for it, the next time you log in from a phone

Also.. at the bottom left of the screen is a mobile site 'style' which you should switch to for easier browsing from a phone that options always been there
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi ho Rory Welcome back..........................What you up to this weather??
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Awesome Muz, we'll give it a try over the next couple weeks.

Stock, simple answer is all sorts. Been doing alot of farm road repair with my ford 655, trimming verges down to allow the water to run off and building up gateways. Also put in the footings for a new bridge base in a quarry.

then this weekends boring admin stuff. Sent off a couple invoices for mini digger hire, slept alot and parts shopping

As for next week, god knows.... knowing my luck concreteing....
                http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post

Also.. at the bottom left of the screen is a mobile site 'style' which you should switch to for easier browsing from a phone that options always been there
                  I believe that is what Ian is referring to @ACMOC. It's a "lite" version of the VB forum. We also enable the mobile apps, but those need to be purchased separately. A lot of users like the lite version. Being a no-cost option adds to the popularity.

Comment

Working...
                  X