hello to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello to all

in the s**t, did a search, landed here .....................result, i think !

Welcome warhorse .. what your trouble ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well if we can help we will hinder you ok..........Welcome to the site
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Howdy mate ... we're plant men, and its a funny day if were 'NOT' in the shit in one way or another

Comment

Welcome mate ,Tis only the depth of Shit that varys here ..Fire away ,and see if someone can't help you out .

Comment

oldwarhorse

Thanks for the welcome, had my 801.4 for four days now, today it decided to shower me with hydraulic oil !...............stop laughing, i'm new!
            Anyway, got to change one of the pipes that controls the arm, forward and backward movement, looks a bit of a nightmare getting it out of the arm etc.
            anyone done it, or is that a silly question ?

Comment

Hello there Warhorse...
              You have come to the right place for help but not from me.....
              Can you post pictures of said problem?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwarhorse View Post
                Thanks for the welcome, had my 801.4 for four days now, today it decided to shower me with hydraulic oil !...............stop laughing, i'm new!
                Anyway, got to change one of the pipes that controls the arm, forward and backward movement, looks a bit of a nightmare getting it out of the arm etc.
                anyone done it, or is that a silly question ?
                Its a common job for some of us ..is it just the hose that's burst , or is it a metal transfer pipe, or a fitting perhaps ? .. a photo would be good .. either way dont worry, it will be easily fixed
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

oldwarhorse

Blimey, on the case or what ?!

One of the flexible hoses has burst, right at the junction where the excavator arm is pinned to the cab. It's a bit 'spaghetti like' there, with all of the others bundled around it. And, of course, it has burst just inside the arm, so identification is a bugger! My main concern is getting at the connection under the cab, no workshop book etc. Don't want to make things worse by loosening the wrong thing. Many thanks to all of you have taken the time to reply.

Comment

oldwarhorse

AN UPDATE................I have just received a manual by email, those of you who have been on this forum for a while will know who from........Rob.
                    Considering the responses i have had, having only joined the forum yesterday, I am overwhelmed, Thankyou.
                    But.....there's always a but........ I find it ill mannered that, some people apparently, just join, take what they want, and disappear back under the rock they call home !
                    If someone helps you, in my opinion, the least you can do is thank them, so Thankyou Rob, there,twice in one post, it wasn't at all difficult either.
                    Sorry for the rant, but if a point needs making..................

Comment

Right now that enough touchie feeley stuff get on with the pictures and the repair so we can interact some more.................Jack has set the standard..............http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...=8728#post8728

Comment

Well , to start with ,With the manual ,it should show you which valve does what .,To make sure you have the right one ,take the hose off at both ends and blow commpressed air though to confirm you havee the right one .If the hose goes though under the machine ,Tie a draw wire to it and pull it though . To put the new hose back pull it though with the draw wire ,Usually a 2man job if it catches to pull it back to try and clear what it catches on ..That is about the best tips i can suggest .
                        I Own an 8080 JCB excavator .Hoses on it are a nightmare at the best of times So good luck with yours .

Comment

Aye .. come on with the piccies plenty of willing advisors to help you here .. if all that seems a bit of a job theres a help thread for picture uploading here

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...s-to-the-forum

.. where are you based ? so we can suggest a repairer for the hose

Once you've come back an replied, I'll split off the thread so you'll have this one, and your own 'repair' thread so it may help others in the future

The only real problem with these hoses is that if they are grouped, sometimes you need to take off 2 or 3 to get the one you want. Once you get it off, you should be able to take it to a hydraulics shop and they will make you one up to the same pattern, dont go and buy one from JCB because you'll pay twice as much .

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Aye .. come on with the piccies plenty of willing advisors to help you here .. dont go and buy one from JCB because you'll pay twice as much .
                            Buying cheap JCB stuff Muz.............

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              Buying cheap JCB stuff Muz.............
                              dont follow you mate ?

Comment

Working...
                              X