Tyre knowledge required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre knowledge required.

I need a couple of tyres for my towed cherrypicker.They are 16" and at the moment one is badly cracked and both are the wrong tyre for the application in that the thing weighs two tonnes and the load ratings of these tyres is less than that.
    It`s single axle,single wheels.
    Not a problem for about the yard but I need it at home for a few jobs.
    I`ve been having a nose about but can`t seem to find a lot of info on load ratings if you don`t have a vehicle type.
    I was thinking about 750 x 16 but don`t mind being corrected.

This may be of help mate .
    http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/ty...ad-index-table

Comment

In the image above shows the location of the important information, going by what you posted your weight requires that a number in excess of 108 needs to be used (single tyre loading )
      108 = 1000kg 109 = 1030kg 110 = 1060kg 111 = 1090kg
      112 = 1120kg 113 = 1150kg 114 = 1180kg 115 = 1215kg
      116 = 1250kg
      117 = 1285kg 118 = 1320kg 119 = 1360kg
      60 97
      69 111
      75 120
      81 130
      87 140
      The letter are speeds bands.

Now a 750 X 16 is tyre height 7.5" wide, by 7.5 + 16 + 7.5 = 31" . Standard langer rodent tyre.

but a 235 x 85 x 16 might be better or a 205 might be lower........................

235 x 85 x 16 breaks down as follows

235 width of tyre in mm ............

85 = Height ( % of width )

16" = rim size...

So a tyre of 235mm wide with an 85% height is 235 x .85 = 199.75 this is doubled 399.5 + 16 (convert to mm = 406.4mm)

399.5 + 406.4mm = 805.6mm convert to inches 31.7"........................

Stock
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Here's a little more info for you. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=55 It kind of rehashes some of what each Stock and Ian gave you. I know there are higher load range designations for the sizes that fit this category, the highest load rating tire I have ever seen is a "G" rated tire for house trailers. Keep in mind these letter designations should not be confused with the speed rating. It will very clearly state on the tire "Load Range E" or what ever range it fits. Most passenger car tires that have no rating are assumed to be load range "C."

Comment

Most of the tyres I've been dealing with have a max permissable load stamped on the tyre in lbs or Kg's .. dont know if its a Euro thing ?.. but I'd imagine its basically a reinforced van tyre your after
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Most of the tyres I've been dealing with have a max permissable load stamped on the tyre in lbs or Kg's .. dont know if its a Euro thing ?.. but I'd imagine its basically a reinforced van tyre your after
            Yep.The trouble is if you don`t know what the load number codes mean you don`t know what to look for.
            You can spend all day looking at the sizes of tyre you think you need but if it doesn`t say "max load XXXX" you`re f`ked.
            But,the chart that Stock posted has the needed info.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
              Yep.The trouble is if you don`t know what the load number codes mean,... you don`t know what to look for.
              chart that Stock posted has the needed info.

We aim to please...................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I have 750/16 tyres on eBay the now that came off a land rover! Excellent condition! Item number is 160973986117.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                  I have 750/16 tyres on eBay the now that came off a land rover! Excellent condition! Item number is 160973986117.
                  Too dear for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
                    Too dear for me.
                    you can arrange your own courier and that might make them cheaper.

Whiat you looking to pay?

Comment

you can arrange your own courier and that might make them cheaper.

Whiat you looking to pay?
                      I don`t know.Less than that.

Comment

Ok on my left I have £100 .. some one start me at one hundred .. do I have a bid from you Sir ?
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                          Ok on my left I have £100 .. some one start me at one hundred .. do I have a bid from you Sir ?
                          Is that for four.....

Comment

You got a Landie Jim?

Comment

Jims price looks good compared with this .
                              http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...&nichtweiter=1

Comment

Working...
                              X