Car battery technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car battery technology

Was changing the battery in the X5 the other day .. which is a fook up .. cos the car wont recognise the new battery .. anyway I wondered what all the gizmos were ontop of the battery
    IMG_1771.jpg

Apparatly amongst all the connectors its a small pyrotechnics device to explode and break the positive connection if the vehicle gets involved in a crash or a roll over .. cool .. not checked by me .. to be sure !
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

As a firefighter we used to disconnect the battery at any RTC but now we don't as many cars have electric seats and we may need the power to move the seat to rescue a casualty! So It might not be too handy if the battery disconnects itself! But it's there to stop a fire I suppose?

Comment

...also, I would hazard a guess that there is sophisticated battery management/charging going on there to achieve ultimate fuel economy.
      Why haven't you got an Austin Princess?......much simpler..........

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
        ...also, I would hazard a guess that there is sophisticated battery management/charging going on there to achieve ultimate fuel economy.
        Why haven't you got an Austin Princess?......much simpler..........
        There is .. you are quite right Jack

As to your second comment .. my dad was an Austin Maxi owner ... that was enough .. OK .. It was mustard yellow .. enough yet ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          There is .. you are quite right Jack

As to your second comment .. my dad was an Austin Maxi owner ... that was enough .. OK .. It was mustard yellow .. enough yet ?
          Sorry Muz, I can beat that......
          ........I had an Austin Maxi. Great for carting drum kits around......but not very far..........actually, the RAC quite often insisted on completing the journey

It was ........er.............best transfer this sentence to the sump first.......

Comment

Sorry Muz, I can beat that......
            ........I had an Austin Maxi. Great for carting drum kits around......but not very far..........actually, the RAC quite often insisted on completing the journey

It was ........er.............best transfer this sentence to the sump first.......
            Lol ... he loved it because of the massive low loading boot .. as he had to load lots of gas cylinders in and out

Comment

What a Beaut

Comment

Lol ... he loved it because of the massive low loading boot .. as he had to load lots of gas cylinders in and out
                What did/does he do?

Comment

Wow ....... takes me back that does

Comment

Wow, That's good for a Maxi...........5 miles is average though........

Comment

I feel a wrath of Maxi jokes just waiting for this moment.........

.......oh no......here's one.......

"why do Maxi drivers always go to heaven?"

"'cos God thinks they've already experienced Hell...."

Comment

He was a dental anaesthetist

Comment

Working...
                        X