Briggs & Stratton 12HP twin, petrol engine for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briggs & Stratton 12HP twin, petrol engine for sale

This vertical shaft, twin cylinder, 4-stroke petrol engine is in excellent condition and was taken off a Westwod T1200 garden tractor in perfect working order. It has both electric and pull starts. Comes complete - starter Motor, air filter ! Muffler........everything, including the 4 engine mounting bolts.
    I have drained the oil. The engine can be collected from CA23 (West Cumbria) or I can palletise it - ask me for a delivery quote (delivery charges only, no 'extras' ) or arrange your own courier. I haven't weighed it yet but it can only be around 35Kgs.

I can also chuck in the ignition switch, key, solenoid, wiring loom..if required....just ask....FOC to P&C members

PRICE: £65.00

It'll be going on EBay next Sunday for a "Buy it now" price of £125.00 with minimum price of £75.00.

Will post photos tomorrow.

REASON FOR SALE: I'm converting the T1200 to 48Vdc electric........got a couple of ex-forklift motors to try out.........there will be a new thread about this very soon.

Wish I was closer (like by a couple thousand miles), because I have a wood chipper that currently has a 7 HP Briggs single cylinder. It slows a bit when I feed larger branches into it. The solution? MORE POWER! It just seems a pity to dump a perfectly good motor, and I trust somebody on the island needs it a lot more than me

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
      Wish I was closer (like by a couple thousand miles), because I have a wood chipper that currently has a 7 HP Briggs single cylinder. It slows a bit when I feed larger branches into it. The solution? MORE POWER! It just seems a pity to dump a perfectly good motor, and I trust somebody on the island needs it a lot more than me
      ...well Bruce, have you tried Nitrous injection?..... ...or, more realistically, maybe skim a few thou off the head? You could mess around with it if the valve gear is the non-mesh type [don't know the correct terminology here] I guess the B&S motors are not really high compression units - there's a lot of 'pimping' of garden tractors around, particularly in the states......

You could easily get another couple of horsepower .........

Comment

Jack, it sounds as if you are a pro at tinkering with these smaller motors. Methinks you ought to have your own "small motor UK" forum. I bet it would be pretty popular.

I once was invited to a "tractor pull" in my bro-in-law's town in central Illinois. I thought it was going to be dominated by massive highly modified farm tractors with blown and turbo'd motors. Instead, it was a bunch of lawn tractors with single or 2 cylinder motors. They were cute. They were also hot-rodded more than I ever thought possible. It turned out to be a fun afternoon.

Comment

Jack, it sounds as if you are a pro at tinkering with these smaller motors. Methinks you ought to have your own "small motor UK" forum. I bet it would be pretty popular.

I once was invited to a "tractor pull" in my bro-in-law's town in central Illinois. I thought it was going to be dominated by massive highly modified farm tractors with blown and turbo'd motors. Instead, it was a bunch of lawn tractors with single or 2 cylinder motors. They were cute. They were also hot-rodded more than I ever thought possible. It turned out to be a fun afternoon.
          ...well, you can't be the old " F=uR. " ....though I can't do a Greek 'mew' symbol so 'u' will have to do!
          There is a YouTube clip here on P&C with some guy tearing up the grass on a garden tractor...........

Comment

Here is the engine straight out of the Westwood Mower. Not very clean yet but it will be.

Briggs & Stratton 12HP Motor.jpg

Briggs & Stratton 12HP Motor 2.jpg

Briggs & Stratton 12HP Motor 3.jpg

Comment

Jack it's not April the 1st so are you pulling our leg about it being a twin cylinder ,I've never seen a Briggs that small with two cylinders ......

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                Jack it's not April the 1st so are you pulling our leg about it being a twin cylinder ,I've never seen a Briggs that small with two cylinders ......
                Oh God! Is it a single? I didn't really pay much attention to it and assumed it was a twin like my other Westwood 16HP.....
                well thanks Wazza, that could have been a right blunder on EBay...I owe you a pint....

Comment

Yep, it's a single.......

...the solitary spark plug tells its own story.......

Still, it sold for..........."....secrets and lies, Dumbledore....."

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                    .I owe you a pint....
                    Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                    Yep, it's a single..."

And you know Jack I will collect the pint on offer ,even if it cost me 2000 pounds in air fairs and takes ten years to collect ............

Comment

Umm, hey Jack? We're expecting you to electrify a lawn mower, but the lack of one spark plug wire didn't raise a question? Methinks this electric mower business is going to give us a month of Sunday's worth of entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                        And you know Jack I will collect the pint on offer ,even if it cost me 2000 pounds in air fairs and takes ten years to collect ............
                        Ahhh...Wazza....you don't have to wait 10 years....

...here ya go....

Wazza's Pint.jpg

Enjoy!!

Comment

Thanks Jack ,that's about what I should be drinking after spelling Airfare wrong oh bugger who cares ...

Comment

Umm, hey Jack? We're expecting you to electrify a lawn mower, but the lack of one spark plug wire didn't raise a question? Methinks this electric mower business is going to give us a month of Sunday's worth of entertainment
                            ...now just you wait a minute Bruce.......it's nearly done.....

...couple more minutes.......

Comment

Job's a memory...

Jack's Electric Conversion.jpg

There ya go!

Comment

Working...
                              X