No announcement yet.

12HP petrol Lawn Tractor conversion to 36VDC electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack, I have been interested to see the end result. In the video, she gets along at a pretty good clip. Bravo. Have you factored the extra load in the event you have taller or wetter grass to mow or is the lawn a fairly consistent cut every week?

Congrats on an interesting rebuild.

Comment

Well done Jack of course the vid of it cutting will be great.

How will it work in the spring with the extra grass load and soft ground conditions?

What are the plans for winter storage??

What your next excuse for your next financial raping??
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
        Jack, I have been interested to see the end result. In the video, she gets along at a pretty good clip. Bravo. Have you factored the extra load in the event you have taller or wetter grass to mow or is the lawn a fairly consistent cut every week?

Congrats on an interesting rebuild.
        ..a clip is on the way- there are far too many clips of converted mowers doing B#%~ER ALL on the intraweb as it is

Today 'the gardener' mowed with grass collector and cutter for 40 minutes before power started to drop off.......she brought it in for a recharge - lunch - and was back out and finished after 90 minutes of recharge time. The mowing is faster then the ICE version of the mower and, oddly, it cuts better....must be a higher speed of revolution..

Ill fit the 'fuel' gauge when it arrives - just a simple 'state-of-charge' voltmeter. ......am still not brave enough to measure the amps..

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Well done Jack of course the vid of it cutting will be great.

How will it work in the spring with the extra grass load and soft ground conditions?

What are the plans for winter storage??

What your next excuse for your next financial INVESTMENT??
          Thanks Stock, you just need to convert your log splitter to solar power to keep up?.

The grass was damp this morning and it coped very well except that the driving wheels have less grip than before due to the different load distribution.

Winter storage?...hmmmmm, no idea........any suggestions?

As for being ripped off.....er, I mean, um, making sensible financial investments.....I'm planning on creating some kind of method of extracting surplus heat from the boiler room via the air source heat pump so that the ASHP can operate in sub-zero temperatures. A builder quoted us £1800 just to build a 5m long by 1.6m high block wall to accomplish this so we decided we could do it ourselves just for material costs....I mean, how difficult is it to build a wall....almost straight and a bit plumb'ish..?

Comment

About 8 200 - 250 watt solar panels towed behind on a trailer will do the trick jack ...

Comment

Bearings

Well, after many successful cuts Parky seemed quite able to cope with the 3 acres of mowing.....until yesterday - his motor ground up one of the bearings - smoke and all coming from the motor
              I haven't got the tools to replace the bearing so it'll be a farmed out job.......

Thats secondhand gear for you........

Comment

Fixed it

It's been ages since I've been on P&A as we've been building a new recording studio on the side of our derelict house and now I seem to spend my nights in there ..........anyway, forgot to mention that I fixed the mower ages ago - it was a dodgy end bearing - Parky has performed brilliantly all summer, if somewhat of an ugly duckling. The bearing overheated and went out of tolerance because the motor was run on full power for 80 minutes on a dozen occasions. The motor data plate clearly states to run on full power for no more than 60 minutes....

Comment

Working...
                X