Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15 Shutting down

Hello fellow knuckle skinners

Todays dilemma was an easy one ... Quite often weve had Volvo EC 15's cutting out due to faulty sensors .. either the oil pressure or more commonly the water temperature thermistor.

But also .. on models prior to the B series we had the issue of the ECU under the operators seat as in here http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...ight=ec15+seat

Today I resolved another type of problem caused by the tight bunching of wires coming out of a loom to feed the fuel cut off solenoid, the wires were tightly strapped to the throttle cable and had chaffed due to the engines vibration and then shorted causing the shut down.

This isnt helped by the fact that this part of the loom is next to the filler for the diesel tank.. and regularly splashed fuel plays havock with the plastics used in the loom and wiring systems .. its very poor design to be honest and could easily be improved.

As always folks .. it pays to check the obvious stuff first before giving yourself a world of hurt

IMG_1808.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    ......This isnt helped by the fact that this part of the loom is next to the filler for the diesel tank.. and regularly splashed fuel plays havock with the plastics used in the loom and wiring systems .. i
    I 'discovered' that filling the fuel up to the neck of the tank causes fuel to spill out of the fuel tank breather tube. It's obvious now [of course] but maybe rental machines just get filled to the brim with no regard for the breather

Comment

Working...
    X