Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo ec15 offset problem

Hi all,
    I have a 2008 model and the switch on the left hand stick is not working. It started off being an intermittent problem, but now it won't work at all. Why couldn't Volvo put it on a pedal like all the other manufacturers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aidan

Originally posted by aidans29 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a 2008 model and the switch on the left hand stick is not working. It started off being an intermittent problem, but now it won't work at all. Why couldn't Volvo put it on a pedal like all the other manufacturers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aidan
    Hi Aidan.... welcome to the forum

Those buttons can be a pain in the ass ... I actually prefer them to pedals though, cos theres usually enough going on , on the floor of the digger, but what happens is the rubber goes britttle and breaks off round the button and it then gets dirt in and gets a bit dodgy.

There could be another problem though and its the solenoid that controls the changeover from swing to off set.. could also be a fuse . The EC15's with dual speed travel also use the same type of solenoid to switch from low to high speed, you could try swapping it if your machine is equipped with that service, if you think the solenoid is dodgy.

As to the button, I have tackled Volvo over this, and there wasnt any fix at the time, but just to buy a new left hand control stick I'm afraid

Theres a 3 pin plug socket for the button inside the left hand console that goes to the switch .. you could stick a multimeter on it and see if some of the pins go to ground and confirm if its working or not

HTH
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Is there any way you can squirt some contact cleaner into the switch?

Comment

Working...
      X