Breaker attachment for EC15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaker attachment for EC15

Can anyone recommend a suitable breaker tool for Volvo EC15B? Secondhand would be good.

...required to break up some 4" concrete floor slab around 750 sq.ft

I know next to nowt about attachments and fittings but am I right to assume that different minis have different bush arrangements for fixing the tools?
    Thanks.

You need a hammer hanger to adapt breaker to your machine.

Comment

There are certain sizes and weights of hammer that suit each carrier machine best. As long as its the appropriate size of hammer, most come with interchangeable cradles to suit the different machine types. Some come with different pin and bush configurations. My favourite old hammer for that size of digger was the Rammer S21 .. Built like a brick shit house and easy to service, with excellent performance.Parts availability is good too. They were taken over by Sandvik a few years ago who then sold Rammers latest IN range ... it was called, these had unbreakeable conicle chisels, but the hammers were crap in comparison to the earlier models. I still have 6 working for me now 15 years after they were made in the S21,s23 and S25 variants.

I also use Furakawa,... But these are not as reliable as the rammers, that said I haven't bought a new hammer in 8 or 9 years, and things may have changed since, but for affordability it's a 10 year old unit you'll be after I'd imagine ?

You can do all the servicing work yourself with the exception of pressurising the low and high pressure accumulators. These need charged with Nitrogen to a specific pressure, so you'll need dealer assistance for this, unless you have an account with a gas supplier like BOC (which is expensive) you'd be able to use your existing gauges though to do it, but you usually need a special valve to connect the hammer to the gas bottle. I certainly do my own because I need oxygen and acetylene anyway and a small bottle of N2 lasts for years
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for such a detailed answer

I've looked around [briefly] for the Rammer S21 but can't find much out there..yet.

I found this hammer on Ebay for around £500.00...
        Hydraulic Breaker #2.jpg Hydraulic Breaker #1.jpg

The blue plates are the adapter plates that Gridley mentions above [I assume] which allow the hammer to be fitted to different makes of machine.
        There is no manufacturer's name on the advert which is here
        It's been serviced and stored. Is it worth a punt?

On the other hand any P&A members have a decent Rammer S21 or Furakawa as recommended by Muz that is half decent and for sale.......PM me

Cheers.

Comment

Dunno what make that is ? If he's never used it .. how did he know it needed gassed ? ... also its the wrong headstock for your machine which is 30mm pins .. he said that one was 40mm
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The biggest problem is people 'blank' firing them, which helps to bust the low pressure accumulator diaphragm, and so let out the gas. The way to tell if this has happened is, if the hoses jump up and down when its running, and theres no blow strength in the hammer.

One of the other reasons I'm fond of the rammers, and you'll need to check this or try and research it, on what you buy, is that, they accept a wide range of oil pressures, and flow rates, and run without any adjustment being neccessary on the hammer

Blank fire also stresses the 'tie' rods that hold the hammer together, these can snap at the base, and can be an expensive repair if a shop does them.

Most hammers operate to the same principle with only a few exceptions

Comment

It appears more research on my side is required..
              So if a hammer requires gassing then it has been used....so the person advertising that particular hammer is either aware of that and is telling porkies or is, like myself, a bit ignorant.

....still, can't wait to try one out......

Comment

Working...
              X