Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French diggers....a little different....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French diggers....a little different....

I've seen some videos for these French diggers both tracked and wheeled strange boom design but I guess they are almost more of a "toolcarrier" and made to work in some of the most confined places you can get a digger into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ4v..._Lf1g&index=21

Interesting concept Bert .Not sure how it would stand up to the rocky digging around here though .

Comment

I started a thread about this machine a few months back .. saying I'd quite like to do a stint in retirement with one ... Its one of the only tools that can dig like that, and put a pallet of bricks 20 foot down a hole .. it must take a bit to master aswell
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Sorry Muz didn't mean to step on your toes again. It's just very slow and boring around here these days, yesterday was the first nice day of the spring so I spent all day outside either pumping water with a pump that's too big or hauling snow to the curb so it doesn't flood my basement when it melts.....Then overnight a winter storm came through North Dakota and brought it all back. Sufficed to say global warming really is a bunch of baloney.
        Any way what version do you think you'd get Muz the Duck version?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
          Sorry Muz didn't mean to step on your toes again.
          Dont worry I didnt mean it like that

Yeah .. I quite fancied the duck version, as you could use it more like an all in one backhoe .. but the more I see it, I think the track version would be more stable, because of the weird geometry you can configure on the boom, I think it also depends on the terrain where you would use it, but its definately an owner operator tool.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't trust too many people that I've worked with in the past to grease all those linkages let alone treat with proper respect. Both duck and tracked version would work very well in road works I would think and the near zero tail swing would work pretty good on confined streets.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
              Sufficed to say global warming really is a bunch of baloney.
              I believe is called climate change these days as that covers all bases

Comment

Lol okay well it hasn't changed here it's still cold and shitty.

Comment

Working...
                X