Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi TB 016

Hi all,

I'm John, a new member and would be grateful for some guidance/advice.

I am intending to purchase a Second Hand TB 016 as I have been advised they are a good machine. I have no experience of Mini Excavators other than hiring them and would appreciate anything I should look out for when considering a purchase.

Thanks

Originally posted by JMB View Post
    Hi all,

I am intending to purchase a Second Hand TB 016 as I have been advised they are a good machine. I have no experience of Mini Excavators other than hiring them and would appreciate anything I should look out for when considering a purchase.

Thanks
    Welcome John what's your intended use ? They are decent kit, but as always I depends in what condition you find them, do you know a seller?.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum John .I am sure Muz and the boys will see you right with info .

Comment

Takeuchi TB 016

Mornin Muz and Ianoz,<BR><BR>I am a enthusiastic DIYer who is getting a little long in the tooth and is looking for less pick and spade work!!<BR><BR>The machine would be primarily for my own /sons use and probably would experience what you pros. would call light work.<BR><BR>I am practical and mechanically minded so I would check over these type of issues and pins etc. but is hoping I could glean some more advice.<BR><BR>With regards to purchasing I am intending to buy from a Takeuchi Dealer in the UK as I would expect they would not want to sell tat.<BR><BR>Thanks, John<BR>

Comment

With regards to purchasing I am intending to buy from a Takeuchi Dealer in the UK as I would expect they would not want to sell tat.<BR><BR>Thanks, John<BR>
          You'd expect the dealer to service the kit properly before you get it. Its not the best supported digger/dealership in the world, dealers sometimes have trouble getting parts, but then, not a lot will go wrong with it if, its been looked after.

All the regular wear parts are available aftermarket, like tracks, rollers, sprockets etc, so are easy enough to get, dont under estimate the cost of those bits though, if you find a used example thats a bit 'tired' ... do your homework on the cost of the bits, if you want to bring it up to a decent standard.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
            Hi JMB

Like you I've had enough of spadework and bought myself a Takeuchi TBO 16. Mine's a 2004 model which has now done 2247 hours and I can say it has performed faultlessly over three years of relatively 'light work'. I'm not aware of any particular common faults with these machines as again like you I'm not a professional. The obvious things to look for is main pivot bearing wear, dipper bearing wear and bucket pin wear. Get the arm/dipper fully extended and lift the bucket by hand to see how much wear there is on the intermediate bearings and main pivot bearing at the cab end. Also swing it from side to side to determine wear on the slew gear. Some wear is inevitable, especially on ex-hire machines but it should not be notably excessive. Check that the track extender that widens the tracks is working OK as they can become stiff through lack of use. Check the hoses at the rear where they exit the turret and go to the rear drive motors. I recently had to replace three of mine that became damaged on rough ground work at a cost of 150 Euros and three days clambering about under the greasy machine. Drive the machine forward & reverse for a fair distance to ensure that both of the drive motors are producing about the same speed and power and you don't have to constantly correct the direction due to one motor under performing. Also check that the high speed function works when switched on & off.

I can recommend getting a 'quick hitch' for fast and simple bucket changing if the machine you buy hasn't already got one. I have a 'Harford' model and three buckets to fit it and I can say that it really makes for efficient working when you have to change from digging bucket to grading bucket and vice versa. If you don't have a quick hitch you'll need to remove and replace the bucket pins when changing them and that can be a PitA. I believe there is a choice of dipper length on these machines. Mine is the model with the extended dipper which allows me to dig deeper, up to 2.5 meters if needs be.

Anything else you need help on just post a question. You'll enjoy the input and get lots of help on this great forum.

Rgds CL
            Last edited by CaptLimey; 18-04-2013, 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Takeuchi TB016

Hi Muz and Capt.Limey.

Again, thanks for your input.

CL thanks for all that detail!! it is really helpful. I am hoping to get someting in the region of 2008 - 2009 as this will be in my price bracket....just! and I am a firm believer in get the best you can.

I have seen a number of images of these age machines in the UK but when you get further details and more detailed images most of what I have seen is pretty rough but....I live in hope there is a good un out there with my name on it!

Unfortunately (for trying to find a machine) I'm on the Isle of Man - no Takeuchi dealers so have been able to get a mate in the UK looking for me

Cheers,

Guys..

P.S. been on the pick and spade today; back feels well worked.; and where's Spring??

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just an update, after moaning about lack of courtesy from dealers when emailing them about my interest in buying an Tb016.

I have had a couple of very late replies, these dealers are stating they are due to get in some fairly young s/hand models and will keep me informed.

They look promising and things are looking up, and maybe... just maybe my early Christmas present may not be too far away!!!!

John.

Comment

Still looking!!!

Hi all,

I thought I would give an update.

After a pretty hectic T.T. races -with thousands of visitors on bikes invading our small but beautiful Island the weather in race week itself was fantastic; it's back to the search for a TB016.

I must have contacted well in excess of 20 dealers in Plant in the U.K. and they are all singing from the same song sheet ......as soon as the s/hand units come in their gone!! (if they can get them in the first place) - and people are saying there is an economic slow down; it must be somewhere else.

I still live in hope that there is one out there with my name on.

Many thanks for this Plant and Construction plaform; it really is helpful and there seems to be no problem that can not be sorted with so many heplful folk out there!

Comment

auction

bit short notice as its tomorrow

http://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auctio...83/lot-2615507

http://www.i-bidder.com/en-gb/auctio...83/lot-2615530

Comment

Theres a hire company called http://buckhurstplanthire.co.uk/ who use a lot of this gear .. try calling them direct as opposed to going through a dealer and see if they offload stuff direct .. many do !

Or try this Gent from Leah International .. Darren Adams.. if he doesent have it he might be able to find you one ! maybe not immediately as it takes time to source.. but I've found him excellent to deal with

http://www.leahinternational.co.uk/

Keep us posted

Comment

Still looking!!

Hi d4c24a and Muz,

Once again thanks for the information.

Since my previous comment, I have had a couple of "leads" which I am currently persuing with my mate in the U.K. Acording to the verbal descriptions given to me they could be what I am after, but, I have been here before!

With a bit of luck one of them could be the right machine at the right price.

Thanks again guys for your help.

Will keep you informed.

John.

Comment

Wow these guys emailed me today

http://www.plantsales.ws/

UK dealers and a huge selection of Takeuchi HTH

Comment

Hi Muz , My virus protection flagged up a Malaware threat with that link ,You might want to checkit out a bit closer .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                              Hi Muz , My virus protection flagged up a Malaware threat with that link ,You might want to checkit out a bit closer .
                              Seems OK with my AVG ? whats your anti virus .. is it that filty Norton stuff ?

Comment

Working...
                              X