Takeuchi TB 016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 801_user View Post
    Doh, I feel left out now i don't have any bells and whistles on my little digger, not even expanding tracks to stop me putting it on its side....oh yes I have done that was OK though, no real damage done apart from bursting a hose while trying to get it the right way up. Very easy done on a little machine I discovered, stuff in the bucket and a small dip in the ground and its time for new underwear. I am sure you will have seen this numpty on a little Takeuchi. All the more reason to have a cab eh!
    Unlucky fella its easily done, we quite like our Volvo EC15's due to their low centre of gravity. I find that operators going backwards over undulating ground with the boom offset is the most common fault for making them go over. Ive had a few cases this year so far from my customers
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Stubborn Hydraulic Oil filler plug

Hi Guys,

On my recently purchased 2008 Takeuchi TB 016 I have been carrying out some servicing and fettling.
      One job was to drain the Hydraulic Oil and replace including a new return oil filter; should be relatively easy....wrong!

To make life easier for access and wriggle room, I removed the seat and with the left hand control arm in the up position could access the plug very comfortably. On attempting to unscrew the plug which is a 41 mm socket size using a 3/4 " drive tommy bar, no luck. But before attempting some serious leverage I had contacted Takeuchi UK to see if it is an opposite thread (it isn't); they said it has an "O" ring and does not have to be really tight and they don't even give torque settings for plug.

I have tried gentle heat, moderate heat and a scaffold pole on the end of the tommy bar and still the little *** wont shift.
      Has anyone come across this type of problem and have any suggestions, as I am scratching my head!

Cheers,

John

Comment

Hi John

Yes mine was 'kin tight when I attempted the same manouevre but it eventually gave way with an extension on the socket & bar. At the risk of damagimg the cap a little you might consider jarring it free with a big hammer and chisel in the 'undo' direction.

Bon chance CL

Comment

FOrget the chisel.........Get some assistance, Put on the socket and bar, pull like the bee jeazzes while the assistant hits the power bar some rather heavy blows. That should free it, or you could hit the top of the plug a few solid taps prior to applying the above method from the BH school of Guntering.......
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Aye they go tight cos the tank heats and cools all the time, and its a large diameter nut .. just keep at it .. not a fan of chiseling either .. hammering yes
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The b****** thing is off!

Hi Guys,

Although I have used anti seize spray and heat and some severe force on the bar on and off for over a week; I Went out first thing this morning and decided it's coming off one way or the other.

I applied a serious amount of heat (F/Extinguisher at the ready) and kept playing the heat for some considerable time, then reapplied the socket with a scaffold pole on the end for some serious leverage; again no joy. Then came the magic ingredient........... my wife Carole!

Whilst really laying on the scaffold pole Carole initially "tapped" the side of the socket, then in time with my pulling gave it some pretty hefty blows and after a while success! - I can not believe how tight that had become and was concerned it was cross threaded but that was not so.

I have just read the reply comments to my problem and would suggest you all were singing from the same song sheet in some form or other.

Once again guys thanks for all your help.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
                Hi Guys,

Then came the magic ingredient........... my wife Carole!

Whilst really laying on the scaffold pole Carole initially "tapped" the side of the socket, then in time with my pulling gave it some pretty hefty blows and after a while success!

I have just read the reply comments to my problem and would suggest you all were singing from the same song sheet in some form or other.

Once again guys thanks for all your help.

John

Feckin Great asks our advice then goes and gets the missuses to do it.............
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  Feckin Great asks our advice then goes and gets the missuses to do it.............
                  Aye well ...... the good lady is useful for some things

Comment

She is, but don't tell her I said so!

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
                      She is, but don't tell her I said so!
                      Hehe .. well I have to say .. that possibly takes the record for that task ... maybe you should post a pic of the size of your rig to get the job done .. oh I didnt mean your wife ....

Comment

Working...
                      X