Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500kg Excavator Trailer for a 3 T mini Digger Like JCB 803

500kg Excavator Trailer for a 3 T mini Digger Like JCB 803

Hi everyone first time on this forum. I have built a digger trailer that was requested by a customer the specs where it need to carry my JCB 803 digger and weight of the trailer needed to be 500kgs and IVA Tested. This was no easy feet but we did and with style and super strength.

My Questions to everyone is do you think there is a market for such a trailer? I am trying to figure out the best angle to push the trailer and to what sort of person / company. My understanding is we are the first to build such a trailer

We are only a small trailer building company and budget for advertising is limited so I need to make shore what ever I send works

If you want to see the digger please feel free to check it or if you got advice and would prefer a chat 07757554967 Robert Wellings www.pbmetrailers.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MESCX:IT

Hi Robert, welcome to the forum Interesting project to do there. The trailer market is changing all the time what with tacho's now required for hire or reward .. but no .. I havent seen a trailer and 3 tonne digger combo weigh in at 3.5 tonnes . Not really any place for buckets though ...
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

digger fuel bukets

The jcb 803 is 3 tone with full tank fuel and 2 buckets oh and a hi viz jacket. Our understanding is that the limit for towing is 3.5tone behind say a landrover defender

Comment

Hi there welcome to the forum

i am interested in this trailer as I have a HanixH26 b . I would like to be able to tow it behind my 135 350 transit.
        Would it be legal for me? Or would the ratios between trailer weight and van weight rule it out?

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by PBME TRAILERS View Post
          The jcb 803 is 3 tone with full tank fuel and 2 buckets oh and a hi viz jacket. Our understanding is that the limit for towing is 3.5tone behind say a landrover defender
          Yes I know that .. just wondering where the buckets will go .. I realise its a job for a purpose
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post

i am interested in this trailer as I have a HanixH26 b . I would like to be able to tow it behind my 135 350 transit.
            Would it be legal for me? Or would the ratios between trailer weight and van weight rule it out?

Vin
            I think that wont be possible for a transit! What's it plated for? The plate is beside the door! I know that my 8018 and trailer is about my limit with my transit!

Comment

350 towing

Vin
              I have had look for you your digger spec is 2.78T that would mean the trailer and digger would weigh 3.28T .... I have had a brief search for you online at what a 350 transit can tow and 2.8T was the figure I found but if you check your vin plate it will tell you. Regards Robert PBME Trailers 07757554967

Comment

Your digger

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                I think that wont be possible for a transit! What's it plated for? The plate is beside the door! I know that my 8018 and trailer is about my limit with my transit!
                Just checked up on JCB site your digger operating weight is 1822kgs if that was with my trailer that would be a total weight of 2322kgs regards pbme trailers 07757554967

Comment

where do the buckets fit

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Yes I know that .. just wondering where the buckets will go .. I realise its a job for a purpose
                  if you look at the front there is a platform above the cast delta hitch where the boom and bucket sits and in front of that is just enough space for one more bucket ( where the steel curves drop to the a frame. hope that makes sense

regards rob pbme trailers 07757554967

Comment

3 tonne behind a little vehicle like that seems a little on the heavy side but I'm in a different country. Welcome to forum by the way and hope you've got trailer brakes for a load like that.

Comment

I will. Look today Jim
                      what model transit is yours ?

Vin

Comment

Trailer brakes

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                        3 tonne behind a little vehicle like that seems a little on the heavy side but I'm in a different country. Welcome to forum by the way and hope you've got trailer brakes for a load like that.
                        We use 1.8 tone spec suspension units that are braked ( weight per pair ) the coupling is a knot cast delta with a avonride compensator kit that engages the brakes when you are going down hill for example and the trailer starts to push the vehicle.

Comment

I will. Look today Jim
                          what model transit is yours ?

Vin
                          Mine is an MK7 2008 transit tipper.

Comment

Mine is an MK7 2008 transit tipper.
                            I think the twin wheel tipper have a better towing capacity than the box vans

Vin

Comment

I reckon your right. I think your digger is too heavy fro your van even if you pulled it about on a feather!

Comment

Working...
                              X