New trailers tested by VOSA??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trailers tested by VOSA??

I saw this on the pmbe trailers website!

EVERY TRAILER BUILT AFTER OCTOBER 2012 MUST BE TESTED BY VOSA

that true? Is that like an mot for your trailer??

No.... not an mot
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So what kind of test is it??

Comment

I would suspect a general 'type' approval .. nothing more.. there is a consideration that some kind of test may be forthcoming in the years to come, it already exists for HGV trailers for example, but its not here yet for all the others ...
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

It would be a freaking nightmare if all trailers had to be tested but at the same time it would weed out the home made things that turn up at the quarried and claim to hold more than my van but yet I am only allowed away with 1.3 ton!

Comment

Vosa tested trailers

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            It would be a freaking nightmare if all trailers had to be tested but at the same time it would weed out the home made things that turn up at the quarried and claim to hold more than my van but yet I am only allowed away with 1.3 ton!
            Basically before october trailer builders could build trailers under 750kgs gross with no vosa IVA approval and the department of transport and vosa where not enforcing any rules really compared to what they are doing know. Every trailer that is built must either have type approval what is for example what ifo williams would have on there standard trailer range. For the like of me who is building custom made trailers that are always different i have to take every trailer for a IVA test what basically tests the compatibility of the braking systems , suspension and the lighting and general structural integrity of the build.

For example all new 02 trailers know have to conform to eu regs that mean 13 pin plugs are needed to operate reversing lights .

Sounds complicated but the reality is it has no impact on the purchaser .

The good thing is it stops cowboys building poor trailers and not just cowboys. The trailers you see at the likes of halfords all failed the test and had to be redesigned to meet the rules.

Comment

Working...
            X