Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prank gone wrong

• By Nick Jedrzejewski

Prank goes wrong as garage worker suffers serious burns when colleague sets the toilet he was using on fire

21 Apr 2013 08:57THE victim was forced to jump through a cubicle window after a dangerous prank went badly wrong.

Tyre boss Darren Drummond

A BADLY hurt garage worker had to jump through a toilet window after a colleague set it alight as a joke.
    Darren Drummond, 26, escaped jail despite setting the cubicle on fire while Michael Delaney was inside sitting on
    the toilet.

Drummond, who was the assistant manager at the National Tyres and Autocare garage in Dunfermline, was with another member of staff when they decided to stage the “prank”.
    Drummond poured brake cleaning fluid under the cubicle door before lighting it.
    A huge blaze erupted and MoT tester Michael needed hospital treatment after suffering serious burns.

A source said: “It was something that just went way out of hand, like the world’s worst

office prank.

George Mcluskie
    “People do these things without thinking but the consequences of this moment of complete madness are still being felt.”
    Drummond was told he was lucky not to be jailed before Sheriff Ian Abercrombie sentenced him to 250 hours of unpaid work at Dunfermline last week.
    When approached by police in the immediate aftermath of the incident, he said: “I’m sorry, it was only a joke.” The incident happened on August 12 last year.
    The court was told that Michael could hear another voice say to Drummond, “that’s enough”, as the fluid appeared under the door.
    The court heard that the cubicle then turned into “a fireball”, forcing Michael into a desperate escape bid.
    He suffered burns to his hands, chest and back and his eyelashes were burnt off.
    A component of the charge admitted by Drummond – that his actions had endangered Michael’s life – was dropped by the Crown.
    Drummond’s lawyer Philip Templeton said: “The consequences of this prank could have been much worse.
    “He is now looking to secure another job”.
    Sheriff Abercrombie said: “I want to ram home the seriousness of this to you so you will also pay £600 compensation to your victim.
    “You will also be on a supervision order for 18 months.”
    A National Tyres spokesman said Drummond no longer worked for the firm.
    Michael was not available for comment.

A driven man with a burning passion.

That's mental! How did they think it was going to turn out??

If it had gone seriously wrong there is an undertakers next door I see!

Comment

Is it any wonder you have to wait ages to get a puncture fixed
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        • By Nick Jedrzejewski

Prank goes wrong as garage worker suffers serious burns when colleague sets the toilet he was using on fire

21 Apr 2013 08:57THE victim was forced to jump through a cubicle window after a dangerous prank went badly wrong.

A badly
        hurt garage worker had to jump through a toilet window after a colleague set it alight as a joke.
        Darren Drummond, 26, escaped jail despite setting the cubicle on fire while Michael Delaney was inside sitting on
        the toilet.

Drummond, who was the assistant manager at the National Tyres and Autocare garage in Dunfermline, was with another member of staff when they decided to stage the “prank”.
        Drummond poured brake cleaning fluid under the cubicle door before lighting it.
        A huge blaze erupted and MoT tester Michael needed hospital treatment after suffering serious burns.

A source said: “It was something that just went way out of hand, like the world’s worst

office prank.

George Mcluskie
        “People do these things without thinking but the consequences of this moment of complete madness are still being felt.”
        Drummond was told he was lucky not to be jailed before
        Sheriff Ian Abercrombie sentenced him to 250 hours of unpaid work at Dunfermline last week.
        When approached by police in the immediate aftermath of the incident, he said: “I’m sorry, it was only a joke.” The incident happened on August 12 last year.
        The court was told that Michael could hear another voice say to Drummond, “that’s enough”, as the fluid appeared under the door.
        The court heard that the cubicle then turned into “a fireball”, forcing Michael into a desperate escape bid.
        He suffered burns to his hands, chest and back and his eyelashes were burnt off.
        A component of the charge admitted by Drummond – that his actions had endangered Michael’s life – was dropped by the Crown.
        Drummond’s lawyer Philip Templeton said: “The consequences of this prank could have been much worse.
        “He is now looking to secure another job”.
        Sheriff Abercrombie said: “I want to ram home the seriousness of this to you so you will also pay £600 compensation to your victim.
        “You will also be on a supervision order for 18 months.”
        A National Tyres spokesman said Drummond no longer worked for the firm.
        Michael was not available for comment.

So Muz do you folks still have the gun toting law up there,

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Yup .. Damn right partner ... *spits* ......... damn rekon he aint gonna walk into no bar no more without the fella reachin' for his piece ... ... that would be ring piece
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The worst bit about this story, IMHO, is the fact the guy who lit the fire was the assistant manager - you can imagine what kind of bully he was on a daily basis........should have been put away for 3 months just for being a Class A Pillock

Comment

Working...
            X