Just having a whine about my Landrover Defender 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just having a whine about my Landrover Defender 110

.....not really a thread this, merely wanted to explain why the Electric Tractor is delayed......

......well, on Saturday our trusty Defender 110 failed its MOT. When I say 'failed' I mean the tester came out and said...and I quote verbatim......"we ran out of ink in the printer 'cos there were so many pages of failed bits..."........or very, very close to those words.

Landie is 20 years old this year and has been fantastic helping us to drag 8 coils of 140kg 90mm pipe up the fells for the hydro project (which is sooooooo close to being complete..), but now he requires full attention.

The list is huge, but the worst of all is the welding required to the bulkhead. Anyone who has a Defender knows what this entails.

The funniest thing of all was the afternoon before his MOT and me and my 'far better half' checked the lights, wipers, etc........how the €$¥# could I miss the massive holes in the chassis, half the ball joints gronked, massive hole in the exhaust, a UV joint on the propshaft that was practically falling off, oil all over the discs and pads, leaking swivel joints, corrosion er......everywhere, rear seats not secure, seat belts goosed,....I've missed a few, I know I've missed a few.......hang on......ahh yeah, sump leaking, steering a bit gronky, headlamps out of alignment.

The good news though...........the lights and wipers were fine.......

Whinge over,
    thanks for listening,

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
    .....not really a thread this, merely wanted to explain why the Electric Tractor is delayed......

......well, on Saturday our trusty Defender 110 failed its MOT. When I say 'failed' I mean the tester came out and said...and I quote verbatim......"we ran out of ink in the printer 'cos there were so many pages of failed bits..."........or very, very close to those words.

Landie is 20 years old this year and has been fantastic helping us to drag 8 coils of 140kg 90mm pipe up the fells for the hydro project (which is sooooooo close to being complete..), but now he requires full attention.

The list is huge, but the worst of all is the welding required to the bulkhead. Anyone who has a Defender knows what this entails.

The funniest thing of all was the afternoon before his MOT and me and my 'far better half' checked the lights, wipers, etc........how the €$¥# could I miss the massive holes in the chassis, half the ball joints gronked, massive hole in the exhaust, a UV joint on the propshaft that was practically falling off, oil all over the discs and pads, leaking swivel joints, corrosion er......everywhere, rear seats not secure, seat belts goosed,....I've missed a few, I know I've missed a few.......hang on......ahh yeah, sump leaking, steering a bit gronky, headlamps out of alignment.

The good news though...........the lights and wipers were fine.......

Whinge over,
    thanks for listening,
    It sounds like a perfect home for some nice pigeons it does
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Not a langer rodent owner ...........the MOT guy.................if he was he know these are perfectly fine for a langer rodent
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Easy fix for you Jack .
        Move to Australia .
        Here we have the right to drive our vehicles till they fall apart around us .
        No yearly MOT inspection .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Not a langer rodent owner ...........the MOT guy.................if he was he know these are perfectly fine for a langer rodent
          ......ahhhhhh, a kindred spirit
          i know, I know........I told him the oil leak was a Langer Rat's way of showing affection to said forecourt......................he wouldn't have it though.......insisted it was a death trap...

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Here we have the right to drive our vehicles till they fall apart around us .
            No yearly MOT inspection .
            You have got to be kidding...? Really?? Never knew that....no inspection at all........ever.......never??
            How do you find out if you need to fix owt?......surely not, .....dare I say it..........preventative maintenance???

Comment

...forgot to mention - the heater doesn't work.

Comment

...last year some masonry fell off the house and smashed the sunroof

Comment

....both front wheel bearings are shot..

Comment

...the clutch thrust bearing is squealing like a pig on a stick..

Comment

"but we'll always have the lights & wipers darling.....:wub: ......."

Comment

Yeah same thing here for passenger cars, only thing is your steering wheel is on the wrong side....unless its a garbage truck. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                          You have got to be kidding...? Really?? Never knew that....no inspection at all........ever.......never??
                          How do you find out if you need to fix owt?......surely not, .....dare I say it..........preventative maintenance???
                          Well for starters we don't buy Land Rovers so little maintenance needed ,point number two is if you don't maintain you vehicle to a reasonable standard it might break down out in the Mulga {ie ,a very inhospitable remote area}where there is no mobile phone service and you will die ....

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                            point number two is if you don't maintain you vehicle to a reasonable standard it might break down out in the Mulga {ie ,a very inhospitable remote area}where there is no mobile phone service and you will die ....
                            Sounds like Ferguslie Park housing Estate, just outside Paisley
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                              ....unless its a garbage truck. lol
                              ..Ouch...

Comment

Working...
                              X