Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavitation

Hi All
    i have just received my new tilt bucket for my mini digger . I have fitted it but the ram cavitates quite a lot. I think it has air in it but I don't know how to get it out as I assume it works with 2 feeds. Any ideas

Also the pedal for the tilt circuit is a fecker to control
    I definitely need to convert this to the levers . I got 2 second hand levers with buttons but now need to figure out how to fit and pipe new solenoid valves to make this happen.(hint hint stock)

Vin

I would help but I am away to look up cavitation in the dictionary!!

Comment

Most modern hydraulic systems eliminate air as a matter of course .. whats the symptoms , is it floppy , or spongy when pressure is put on it?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        I would help but I am away to look up cavitation in the dictionary!!
        I wouldn't bother Jim with my command of the language I have probably spelt it wrong

after I wrote it , it looked like something my dentist would say !

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Most modern hydraulic systems eliminate air as a matter of course .. whats the symptoms , is it floppy , or spongy when pressure is put on it?
          it flops about , the oil moves it rapidly but doesn't hold it tight

vin

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
            it flops about , the oil moves it rapidly but doesn't hold it tight

vin
            Then its not a true double acting circuit I think, either that or the seals in the tilt ram are humped ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Then its not a true double acting circuit I think, either that or the seals in the tilt ram are humped ?
              It is double acting . It has its own section of the valve block. The jury is out on the quality of the ram though as I have had a couple of issues with the general workmanship of the buckets I bought..
              i did however have an oil leak out of the quick release fitting and lots of air bubbles were in it

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
                The jury is out on the quality of the ram though as I have had a couple of issues with the general workmanship of the buckets I bought..
                That's a shame - was this tilty specially made for you or was a new/ secondhand/reconditioned one?
                Is this the ram built into the tilty or one aleady on your mini?
                ..would like to see a piccie of it..

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                  That's a shame - was this tilty specially made for you or was a new/ secondhand/reconditioned one?
                  Is this the ram built into the tilty or one aleady on your mini?
                  ..would like to see a piccie of it..
                  Hi jack

it was all part of the bucket I will take some pics when I get it on the machine again

Vin

Comment

I'd be keen to sort this out too fella

Comment

I'd be keen to sort this out too fella
                      It's difficult to work on the machine just now as it is on a job where I can't get my van near it and there is little room. I will be taking it out shortly so will resume trying to resolve this issue then .
                      your help is appreciated guys.

Vin

Comment

Working...
                      X