Lifton ls750 high lift dumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton ls750 high lift dumper

My dumper has over pressure in the hydro system how is this adjusted and who does it?. Help please

welcome to the forum Timo .. I take it you mean the hydraulic system ? what makes you think the pressure is too high ? AFAIK its not adjustable
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Timo501 View Post
      My dumper has over pressure in the hydro system how is this adjusted and who does it?. Help please
      Hi Timo & welcome

We also have a Lifton an 850, with hydraulic pressure problems but ours is low travel pump pressure, see:- Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

It might help if you enlarge on your problems and the background to them.

I can confirm what Muz has posted in that the manual is explicit regarding the pressures NOT being adjustable.

Rgds CL

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        welcome to the forum Timo .. I take it you mean the hydraulic system ? what makes you think the pressure is too high ? AFAIK its not adjustable
        Hello muz thank you
        the hose and seals keep bursting time after time spewing out hydraulic fluid every where!!!!!!! Any ideas? Thanks

Comment

Hello muz thank you
          the hose and seals keep bursting time after time spewing out hydraulic fluid every where!!!!!!! Any ideas? Thanks
          The same ones ? or are they all different ?

Hydraulic hoses do have a life expectancy ... where are you using this machine ? .. do you allow it to warm up before use ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

My lifton dumper

Hello muz it bursts in different places it has hardly any power going forward but acceptable in reverse just seems as though the brakes are stuck on but they are not it is easy to push along when in neutral just had the gaskets on the pump renewed and after 15 minutes they went again the header tank was also blowing the top off I changed the filter but alas no change! Now it throws out hydro oil at the rate off I gallon per minute ! Ha ha ! At the end of my patience with it ! Help help ! Thanks muz

Comment

At the end of my patience with it

I'm not surprised Can you confirm that the level of oil is correct in the sight glass on the tank when the machine is at rest ?

And where is it currently leaking and losing the most oil ?

Where are you using this machine ?

Comment

Hello muz the fluid is coming from the new gaskets we had a "plant fitter" come and repair several previous leaks from hoses seals etc so he said the system seems ta be over pressure so didn't see the point returning until the cause was rectified!!!!!!! We use the machine on level ground it has never been running up ta scratch since we had the machine maybee five years no power driving but the tipping and steering has been fine! Thanks muz

Comment

Dumper

Yes the oil is at the correct level before it blows it out! And I am in Kent!

Comment

Hello muz the fluid is coming from the new gaskets we had a "plant fitter" come and repair several previous leaks from hoses seals etc so he said the system seems ta be over pressure so didn't see the point returning until the cause was rectified!!!!!!!
                    That was nice of him .. so he charges you some dough, does a bit of work, and still leaves you with the problem ? .. nice

the tipping and steering has been fine!
                    If your machine is the same as the later ones, they have two different pumps driven by the same shaft, one (the main) does all the drives .. and a smaller gear pump bolted on the front of it does all the steering, tipping and lift. They operate at different pressures. The main pump in current models operates at very high pressures 300+Bar .. so you would need to have the correct grade of hoses fitted to handle that kind of pressure. Can you find some way of finding out what the correct pressures of your machine are ?

Yes the oil is at the correct level before it blows it out!
                    Ok so thats good

Comment

Lifton dumper

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      That was nice of him .. so he charges you some dough, does a bit of work, and still leaves you with the problem ? .. nice

If your machine is the same as the later ones, they have two different pumps driven by the same shaft, one (the main) does all the drives .. and a smaller gear pump bolted on the front of it does all the steering, tipping and lift. They operate at different pressures. The main pump in current models operates at very high pressures 300+Bar .. so you would need to have the correct grade of hoses fitted to handle that kind of pressure. Can you find some way of finding out what the correct pressures of your machine are ?

Ok so thats good
                      Hello muz yes the main pump works at 300bar ! Why would the header hydrolic tank keep blowing the top off!? Do you know of anyone more local to me who could come along and fix it for me ? Thanks IAm in Kent southeast England! Thanks TImo501

Comment

Hello muz yes the main pump works at 300bar ! Why would the header hydrolic tank keep blowing the top off!? Do you know of anyone more local to me who could come along and fix it for me ? Thanks IAm in Kent southeast England! Thanks TImo501
                        I take it no oil comes out?

The cap is supposed to be a breather to allow oil level variations in the tank so if its a sealed cap it will get blown off !!

Comment

Lifton ls750

Hello muz the cap is opened by way of a square spanner with seal ,seems to have to be sealed tight???

Comment

Lifton ls750

When it blows off every thing and everybody gets covered in hydro oil!

Comment

Ahh .. so its the solid plastic type is it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X