Air Source Heat Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
    Those split units just blow hot or cold air..? I thinks so.
    You thinks so correctly. They are quite handy when wanting to add heat/cool to an addition or a remote room without having to tear open the framing in which to run ducts or water/steam lines.

Comment

ASHP installed.jpg

The ASHP has been running for around 10 days - apart from the noise it is very efficient costing about £1.20 per day to run for 9 hours out of 24, although 7 of those hours are during the off-peak electricity tariff period.

How it works
      I bumbled the ASHP into a very short loop of 22mm pipework, a combination of copper and plastic, which connects into a 22kW stainless steel flat plate heat exchanger. The other side of the PHX has the return water from the central heating system running through it.
      When the ASHP is running it boosts the CH return temperature before it gets sent back into the pellet boiler. The pellet boiler senses the return temperature as being elevated so it in turn reduces the amount of hot water it needs to add to the CH supply that runs back into the property's radiators.

ASHP PHX Fluid flow.jpg

ASHP added to the Central Heating Loop.jpg

Comment

haha, sittin on the edge of me seat here Jack!

Comment

another fascinating thread ....... me too Chip ...... what's next ...... where are you Jack?????

Oh and looks like a welcome is in order too Chip ..... hi and thanks for resurrecting some real interesting posts/threads
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
          X