Advice about been an operator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about been an operator?

Hi guys im new to the forum, i am just changing my career i want to get into Plant and ive used a couple of track machines in the past 6 ton and 3 ton ones to be exact, ive noticed on the bigger machines they have a computer type LCD screen can anyone tell me what that is please? is there any difference from the smaller machines to the 10 ton and above that i need to be aware of? ive just got my CS card and im going to take the CPCS card (Red) soon, cheers for any advice!

Originally posted by hexcore View Post
    Hi guys im new to the forum, i am just changing my career i want to get into Plant and ive used a couple of track machines in the past 6 ton and 3 ton ones to be exact, ive noticed on the bigger machines they have a computer type LCD screen can anyone tell me what that is please? is there any difference from the smaller machines to the 10 ton and above that i need to be aware of? ive just got my CS card and im going to take the CPCS card (Red) soon, cheers for any advice!
    Hi & welcome to the forum Not sure what screen you refer to specifically, but most machines now use a consolidated set of displays in the one console to display all the machines essential running info and fuel guages etc. All machines work the same way and conform to an iso standard for the controls, but various switches and functions apart from the main ones can sometimes be located in different places .. especially quich hitch release buttons

You will notice more importantly as you become more experienced, how differently they all handle though, depending on the make and size of the digger

Good luck with the training and subsequent job hunting
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz, many thanks for the reply, yes i think its the fuel gauge etc ive been getting confused over? its a small 4 inch screen which has various readings on it which i must of though were something else? many thanks with your kind words im very greatful!

Hexcore

Comment

LCD Screen

Yes, it could be measuring the weight in the bucket etc... I was at the Toronto National Heavy Equipment Conference this year and there were a number of companies selling devices like the one you described. You may be able to find something similar from www.geoshack.com.
        Also if you have interest I have made an Excavator simulation for iPhone that I believe is is the best way for young children to learn excavator operations. give thanks.
        http://www.forconstructionpros.com/b...-it-entertains

Comment

Working...
        X