Trailer lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer lights

Was having a discussion about trailer LED lights on another forum, and found that due to the bulb testing circuits of some modern cars (mine included ) LED's wont always work. But the thought of vibration proof lights and no more bulb failures is very appealing.

Someone posted this link, and these guys look pretty good .. expensive though .. Its a modular system so you can add side markers and stuff, and they are water immersible

http://www.rockfitirl.com/PHOTO-S.html
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

canbus

make sure they are canbus error free ones and you should have no problems , otherwise you can add in a small diode to compensate

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
      make sure they are canbus error free ones and you should have no problems , otherwise you can add in a small diode to compensate
      Yeah its the canbus problem .. (you said diodes but I think you mean resistors ? did you ?) but even after fitting these they still wont work with BMW's
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

yes resistors , pretty sure you can get decoders too

Comment

If it is to get LEDS to works as aux lights (on BMW) you can get a box of tricks to do the job but its a hundred quid or more kinda defeats the purpose

What I cant understand is that a lot of these motors use LEDs anyway ?

Comment

Working...
          X