A change is as good as a rest!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change is as good as a rest!!

Well folks I collected a new (to me) JCB 8018CTS today! It's done 673 hours and is real tight on the jib etc! The blade was worn out so they managed to replace it with a brand new blade! I also managed to get work lights in the roof of the cab and I like to have the decals all fixed too!

I also got a very good deal on a new set of tracks so its just like a new machine!!!
    Attached Files

A change is as good as a rest!!

Hi Wee Jim,

It looks from the photographs brand new!

Was it an ex demo with that small amount of hours or someone who just looked after it?

Anyway hope all goes well.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JMB View Post
      Hi Wee Jim,

It looks from the photographs brand new!

Was it an ex demo with that small amount of hours or someone who just looked after it?

Anyway hope all goes well.

John
      No it's not ex demo I just got it tidied up before I got it home!! It does look really tidy though and it was a lot better than the other one that was there that only had 350 hours on the clock for the same age!

Comment

Now got the quick hitch on it and had a little dig with it and I am real impressed! Seem to be quieter than my old digger was to operate!

Comment

I'll bet your local Blacksmith is a trifle disappointed

Looks like a nice machine though - will you still be able to squeeze it down the side of your/that house that you posted a few weeks back?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
            I'll bet your local Blacksmith is a trifle disappointed

Looks like a nice machine though - will you still be able to squeeze it down the side of your/that house that you posted a few weeks back?
            Oh yeah I will as its the same size as the last machine! I like the 8018 as it has the retractable tracks!

Comment

was this a 30th burpday pressie to yourself?

Comment

Well I got time to have a shot of my new digger today! Runs real smoth and quiet! I am really pleased with it!

Comment

Hope you get a good run out of it Jim .

Comment

Jim, on closer inspection of your old digger squozen down the side of your house there are some nice flowers planted there....did you get into trouble for squishing them by any chance??

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                      Jim, on closer inspection of your old digger squozen down the side of your house there are some nice flowers planted there....did you get into trouble for squishing them by any chance??
                      Na Bruce was ok with it! After all it was for the greater good!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                        ......After all it was for the greater good!
                        That sounds like Dumbledore!

Comment

Tidy machine Jim , did you trade the old one? Best of luck with it.

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
                            Tidy machine Jim , did you trade the old one? Best of luck with it.

Vin
                            Thanks, no I managed to sell mine private! So got a bit more for it!

Comment

Working...
                            X