Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual for Doosan DX140LC

Hi,

We have acquired a Doosan DX140LC to do some work on our small farm but it didn't come with any manuals. We've managed to get a service manual on CD which goes into great detail of engine & machine strip-down but doesn't mention anything about daily routine maintenance ie, machine greasing or engine servicing etc.

Does anyone know of a source for an operator's manual? We've done quite a bit of searching but come up blank.

Thanks in anticipation.

You have the most important book all be it on CD. As for the operators manual grease it every 8-10 hours, change the engine oil annually or every 500hrs, track motors check them every 50 hrs change the oil every 100. Check the hydraulic oil daily change it every 2000 hrs. Change all filters every 1000 hrs. tension the track so as when the is lifted clear of the ground the distance between the bottom of the rail and the pad is no less than 300mm and no more than 400mm.............

Now if you gave us the year, and a picture or two it may garnish more help.........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Possibly remove a zero from the track sag . 30 & 40 MM I think would be more like it
      .Stock is usually never Wrong Except when I am Right .Does not happen often mind ..
      Welcome to the forum ,As Stock said Some Photos would be good .

Comment

I'll post pics tomorrow - I'm mobile at the mo, but it's a 2006 machine.

I'm a nurse by day, so really coming at this from a complete novice angle - I was sort of hoping there'd be a manual with how-to tips and a 'map' of all the grease nipples etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Medulla View Post
          I'm a nurse by day,
          Your safe in our hands ........ oh wait...... did I say we were a plant hire trust
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The image below shows the track raised and the distance of slack allowed...................

The image above is showing the track sitting on the ground, the deflection allowed is shown above..................

Comment

http://www.oshacampus.com/PDF/Excava...ent_Manual.pdf

Some reading.................OOOOH and don't mind the ozzie he been hanging upside down too long................

Comment

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=9226977497

Thank you so much for the help - I'll be studying the file & the track info carefully. I've put a link to a Flikr pic of the machine above, as I'm still mobile, but if that doesn't work for some reason then I'll sort pics out later.

Comment

rail

i would say the measurement is from the bottom of the track frame rather than the rail , as the rail is a common name for the track chain ,so could get confusing
                  different manufactures use different areas to measure , some from the centre bottom roller to the rail etc

Comment

I thought you were referring to from the rail to the roller Stock .I have never seen it measured that way before .

Comment

track tension 110001.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just don't over grease the swing it should only really be greased every 50-250 hours depending on manufacturers specs. What happens when they are overgreased is that the seal by the undercarriage pops and you will see grease all over the track frame and it will eventually cause wear inside the swing gear as dirt and mud will work it's way in there.

Comment

Might sound a bit obvious , but have you gone onto their web site and dropped them a mail ? .. you should be able to buy one at the very least through an agent or dealer
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Might sound a bit obvious , but have you gone onto their web site and dropped them a mail ? .. you should be able to buy one at the very least through an agent or dealer
                            I emailed via the Doosan site to make enquiries but didn't get a reply. We went to the Plantworx exhibition earlier this year as well and spoke to some agents on the Doosan stand, they took details etc. but we didn't hear anything back from them either. I can't believe how difficult it is to get one - I'm starting to think that maybe an operator's manual was never produced, just the service manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Medulla View Post
                              I emailed via the Doosan site to make enquiries but didn't get a reply. We went to the Plantworx exhibition earlier this year as well and spoke to some agents on the Doosan stand, they took details etc. but we didn't hear anything back from them either. I can't believe how difficult it is to get one - I'm starting to think that maybe an operator's manual was never produced, just the service manual.
                              Sounds pretty standard.

Weve had a thing about manuals here with some guys getting one then being deluged for requests of copies .

Your best bet would be to try and find an old owner who will have one lying around, or better still a plant hirer, who ran Dosans in their fleet. A dealer would tell you who they are. If they are a hirer like me, they'll have loads of them gathering dust somewhere. I've got hundreds, but they're all for the machines ive bought over the years and traded back to the dealer which were a load of Volvo's and Kubota's and Hitachi .. no Doosans sadly.. but Ive got a cupboard full of them, so I'd imagine any Doosan hirer would have the same, and they wouldnt be looking for too much for them either. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X