No announcement yet.

temperamental engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​Stock! My computer has decided at last to downloaded manual ye-pee!! I admit had to get the wife to help (bloody thing)...no not the wife. This version is more comprehensive than my paper one. I'v just read it twice trying to find out about anything on excess fuel cold start and do you know what, there's nothing!! only a reference about how to cold start- answer was by excess fuel control...yes! yes! excess fuel is what I want but they aren't bloody well telling me how to get at it! I'm going mad with this will phone up BBC and get a request out on tomorrows news channel

Comment

sent you a mail.................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by panel bash View Post
        Thanks guys will look into oil possibility, There were two types of injector pumps fitted to these machines simms minimec ( in line) and CAV DPA rotary which it turns out is the one on my engine.
        Just thinking there lad, I wonder if the timing is ok, might be worth marking the exterior of the pump and timing cover then loosening the clamping bolts and rotate the pump and see if it makes a difference

If you're too advanced it will smoke like a coal burner when running and be hard to start................................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Back in the saddle after hols. Will take up Stocks generous offer and thanks for 'more reading mate'. This is my third article to read on the cold start saga. Even though I'v read through Stocks latest submission the cold start guidance as always gets tantalizingly (big word) close and then... yes! 'the trail goes cold'. Without doubt I can see there is some sort of canister that could be bought and charges up reservoir on dash for extreme cold but nothing about cold starting with rotary fuel pump. s.a.e oil is 30.. winter.. 20 so I'm not far out there. Stock!.. remember it starts and runs very well until cold weather so I would hate to make an adjustment because I'm sure that's all working fine. Handy to know that though for future. Other helpful point I read was disengage engine from transmission via clutch when starting, thus reducing drag on starter. In this thread with Muz very interesting read also about drag from hydraulic pumps I had never considered it either. Yup you learn something new on this site nearly every day . And one day soon I guess, someone who knows a JCB 3c 11 will browse this thread and come up with the cold start answer. Meantime I'm on the lookout for older all terrain forklift truck Sanderson perhaps! anyone got any useful suggestion.?

Comment

Working...
          X