Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case CK25 / KX61 Grief

Hi All,

Having probs with the Left Hand, hand controller on my CK25 (1994)
    The slew & dipper in out has decided to stop working. At full revs, the slew barely moves.
    All other controls are good (R/H stick, tracking, blade etc.)

Flushed all hydraulic oil out 3 times.
    There is pressure at the control unit/hydraulic pipe connections.

Desperate to find a sensible priced service kit (if there is such a thing) for the L/H Hand Control Valve.
    Or alternatively, a full replacement.
    Am I barking up wrong tree with this, could it be something else ???

Not a plant expert so looking for as much help as possible please

Thanks,

B@rD

Welcome to the forum B@rD ... is the left hand controller very floppy ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz,

Thanks for the welcome

Its doesn't seem that floppy, same as the right one really

Comment

Ok ... have you checked for any other services jammed on .. most likely the breaker pedal ? ... could be seized? .. or muck or stones jammed under one side of it ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi,

Checked all of that and all squeeky clean.

Thanks,

Paul..

Comment

TBH it still sounds dodgy that the whole console on the LHS is not working .. it must be something unique to that side and despite what you say, I recon the pilots might be jammed down, that said .. it could be the pump that supplies the pilot line is down in pressure .. you'd need to get that tested. Can you lift up the rubber boot and gave us a pic of the pilot control set ? (4 little silver pistons inside a brass sleeve)

Comment

Hi Again,

Had a fitter around this morning to have a quick look & form an "attack plan"
              The left stick is still the same & the right stick is now very slow, even at full revs.
              Blade is as fast up & down as it always was.
              Also noticed today, at full revs, the engine starts to strain when the boom is being lifted.
              Only this though, no other operation. Strange one.

Having a pressure test done to respective areas on Tuesday & will let you know how we get on from there

Thanks again,

BarD

Comment

Here a thought!! you might check if the return hydraulic filter is the correct one..............and check the return line from the main valve chest for kinking or damage...............
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by B@rD View Post
                  Hi Again,

Had a fitter around this morning to have a quick look & form an "attack plan"
                  The left stick is still the same & the right stick is now very slow, even at full revs.
                  Blade is as fast up & down as it always was.
                  Well the blade is cable or direct control into the block and doesent use pilot control .. same as the aux hammer circuit IIRC so it could be the pilot pump right enough, although I'm surprised 'one' side was more noticeable than the other as you suggested ..

Keep us posted please to help others .. ta

Comment

Hi,

Will keep you updated with progress
                    Ordering a couple of new filters for the Hyd tank.

Fitter back on Tuesday to check pressures & I will "gently" drop into the conversation about kinks etc. so will let you know any changes.

Thanks all, for your replies

B@rD

Comment

Hi think you should check the hammer service valve very carefully. A local guy had a ck25 that had intermitant loss off pressure that was caused by a problem with the hammer valve.

Comment

Working...
                      X