X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some New Arrivals

Brought these two into the yard today to join the hire fleet

20130809_150632.jpg

The 61 is a top machine .. Ive reservations about the 1.5 though .. will post up when I get a chance
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Well wear there Muz............................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

The Kubota 1.5 has no where near the lift capacity of my Volvo EC15's at reach across the tracks 20130809_154352.jpg

In this picture the same bucket was lifted by both to tipping point .. look how much further the Volvo dipper got ?

Both machines have exactly the same track width .. due to perspective its harder to tell from the photo, but the difference is more than 2 feet !.. from 2 machines in the same weight class ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

You do have a quick hitch on the end of your Kubota, there not the lightest of things and will be adding more weight.

Just an observation

Comment

Originally posted by Regy53 View Post
          You do have a quick hitch on the end of your Kubota, there not the lightest of things and will be adding more weight.

Just an observation
          I did the calc from the web brochure from Kubota, at 3.2m radius it will lift 110kg before tipping, my EC 15's will lift 165 at the same radius, so thats about 33% more .. a hec of a lot actually. In actual fact with the KX 1054 dipper fully out, I could lean on the bucket and tip the machine up, I cant see that that's right ?... effectively it would struggle to lift a bucket full of clay at maximum reach, without tipping.

However, I've known my dealer for more that 20 odd years, and he was happy for me to change it for what I needed, which ended up being the KX 0158 .. a bit more expensive, but worth it. .. welcome to the forum BTW Regy

Comment

..just curious as to why you didn't just go for another EC15?

Comment

Lets get out the rack and find out...........
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

NO need for torture lads .. I just want my punters to be safe ........ If I was looking for trouble I'd have bought a yellow one (with a J in the name)

Comment

What weight category is the KX-161 in? Do your new machines have all that DPF crap on them? We're starting to see that kind of thing on a lot of machines now over here.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                    What weight category is the KX-161 in?
                    Its a 5 tonner .. their numbers are really confusing eh ?

Comment

Yeah cause I thought the KX-121 was a 5 tonner. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X