Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton -no drive

Hi all.

Am new to the site, so please bear with me.
    I have a lifton 1 tonne high reach dumper, not sure what model it is, as has no plates, but i think it is a loadstar, I can tell you it has what looks like a 3-cylinder perkins engine, and that the forward and reverse shuttle is located on left hand side down by the seat, not sure if this helps in identifying what I have, but hopefully it will. The problem is and i have read a few, that there is no drive, it was working ok, might not of been that responsive, but once picked up would drive ok, then I got an oil leak, on what looks like the suction pipe from theor tank direct to the hydrostatic pump. I replaced the pipe, filled with new oil, changed the filter, but ever since then have had no drive atol. The oil is not frothing, but more importantly the engine tone does not change when i depress the drive pedal, am guessing pump, but would appreciate some clarification, as like I said, was working not brilliantly but ok before the leak, is it related, or is there a bleed process.
    Many Thanks

Originally posted by dmhk2005 View Post
    Hi all.

Am new to the site, so please bear with me.
    I have a lifton 1 tonne high reach dumper, not sure what model it is, as has no plates, but i think it is a loadstar, I can tell you it has what looks like a 3-cylinder perkins engine, and that the forward and reverse shuttle is located on left hand side down by the seat, not sure if this helps in identifying what I have, but hopefully it will. The problem is and i have read a few, that there is no drive, it was working ok, might not of been that responsive, but once picked up would drive ok, then I got an oil leak, on what looks like the suction pipe from theor tank direct to the hydrostatic pump. I replaced the pipe, filled with new oil, changed the filter, but ever since then have had no drive atol. The oil is not frothing, but more importantly the engine tone does not change when i depress the drive pedal, am guessing pump, but would appreciate some clarification, as like I said, was working not brilliantly but ok before the leak, is it related, or is there a bleed process.
    Many Thanks
    I dunno what weve done to deserve getting so many disgruntled Lifton dumper punters here

Anyway welcome to the forum mate

Dont think theres a bleed process .. you need to give us a pic of the machine before we can go any further to identify what we need to do
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Have just checked with person I bought from, they confirm it is a loadstar, does that help? can send photo in day or two if that helps, but just wanted to know if I could have some advice in the mean time.
      many thanks for your help.

Comment

i think it is a loadstar, I can tell you it has what looks like a 3-cylinder perkins engine, and that the forward and reverse shuttle is located on left hand side down by the seat,
        Ok first things first .. the loadstar had a right hand foot pedal for its forward and reverse ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi.

Yes it has.

Comment

might be an option to try and crack open a pipe somewhere low down when its running incase the pump has air locked some how .. did you drain it completely ?

Comment

it never drained completely and have tried cracking off pumps in and around the pump area, am thinking pump as there is no load to be heard coming from the engine when I try yo engage the drive, is this a costly repair?

Comment

it never drained completely and have tried cracking off pumps in and around the pump area, am thinking pump as there is no load to be heard coming from the engine when I try yo engage the drive, is this a costly repair?
                Easy up .. dont know if it needs a repair yet

I take it the drive pedal has full articulation in each direction and isnt impeded by muck or stones ? And all the link rods are still connected to the pump ok .. I mean did you have to disconnect any of them to get the pipe off for example ?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. All pedals and linkages are free and moving as they should, and nothing was disturbed around the pump area to repair the hose.

Many Thanks

Comment

Have you still got all the other hydraulic functions .. ie lift, tip, steering ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Have you still got all the other hydraulic functions .. ie lift, tip, steering ?

Hi. Yes everything else is working exactly as it should

Comment

Any other ideas?????????????

Comment

Yea .. the pump on that machine has a mechanical link connection to the drive pedal.

Disconnect the assembly to the pedal and operate it by hand .. see if that changes anything

The pedal has adjustable bolt restrictors IIRC its been a long time but they might be preventing the correct pedal travel

Comment

HI.

I have disconnected the pedal and operated it by hand, but still no change.

Many Thanks

Comment

Time to pressure test the pump then and see what its putting out ... cant remember about loadstars specifically but, certainly, later ones had a separate gear pump that did the steering and tip and lift, and the drive comes from the variable displacement pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X