No announcement yet.

Old JCB 801 is winning hide and seek !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old JCB 801 is winning hide and seek !

Hi to all, I have a very old 801, probably early 80's, long floor mounted levers etc. The main ram has a slight leak which I'll sort in due course but in the meantime I can't fathom out where the hydraulic tank is so I can check/top up ! Anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Hi Gary welcome to the forum .. There will be some yellow fan boys along in a minute (had to be careful how I said that ) personally I refuse to own them, so am of no use what so ever
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

i believe I am one of the gentlemen of which Muz speaks! I can only help as far as say on mine it's in the left had side of the engine but then mine is a 2011 8018. If you want to out a pick of the engine bay etc up then we can all have a look and help you out!

Comment

welcome

If yours is the same as mine, diesel tank to the left of seat, hydraulic tank to the right , sight glass for oil level down behind dozer lever, filler cap behind dash, could be under a cover which is missing on mine. You will need an allen key to remove for filling (something of a pain), also under there is your oil filter. Hope that you follow that.
        Regards Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete, found the tank lid and eventually got it loosened off ! Still can't see any sort of sight glass so just chucked a litre in and hope thats fine.

Comment

digger.jpgoil glass.jpg

Have managed to get these photos for location of oil level sight glass, providing that yours is the same.
            For your info hydraulic oil tank is supposed to hold 30 litres.
            Pete

Comment

Thanks again Pete, mine appears to be older than yours with all controls floor mounted and no sight glass where yours is.

Comment

I have an old 801, although not as old as your one. My sight glass is also below the seat and behind the dozer lever. On the older ones is should be on the outside by the vent to the oil cooler. If you are sat in the seat it should be on the right hand side about in line with your arse, although at about ankle level, assuming you have a similar arse and ankles as me it may even have been painted over.

Comment

Working...
                X