X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet speeds

Yaaaaaaaaaas

About time !!!

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

wow that's the dogs whatsits, have a look at mine, 10meg on a good day
    Test.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by 801_user View Post
      wow that's the dogs whatsits, have a look at mine, 10meg on a good day
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2009[/ATTACH]

Thats what I used to have and was happy enough with it, but recently BT have run a lot of fibre optic to cabinets all over the place and are offering normal broadband connections from the cabinets to residential homes, and the speed uplift is huge
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ah, I have heard of that, called ultima over here, we have a fibre cabinet about 30m from our house, loads of money though compared with the normal broadband. Feel hard of spending the money as don't really need that sort of speed for what I do, would be god for downloading films and things though

Comment

speedtest6.JPG
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Ahh Stock what have dey done to yew sor .. Thats country living for ye .. has its ups and downs

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2010[/ATTACH]
              It is not my internet that drops out ,Its yours he tells me When we are video calling . Mine is Crap too , But not that bad .
              4.07 Download . 0.71 upload .

Comment

Here is mine!
                Attached Files

Comment

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/0

So I pedalled a bit harder.................................

Comment

so that didn't work ...............

Test speed.JPG

Comment

Mine this morning .
                      http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4547466873

Comment

you lot live in Utopia

Attached Files
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

You need to pour a bucket of water on the bit of wet string that connects you.

There's something seriously wrong there though as your upload speed is three times your download. You 'phone line doesn't mid which direction the data goes, but they usually limit upload speed, so the download speed should at least match the upload.

My download speed is 6.89 Mbps
                          My upload speed is 0.24 Mbps

This is on an over head BT landline about 2 miles from the little local exchange that has the internet connection

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                            You need to pour a bucket of water on the bit of wet string that connects you.

There's something seriously wrong there though as your upload speed is three times your download. You 'phone line doesn't mid which direction the data goes, but they usually limit upload speed, so the download speed should at least match the upload.

My download speed is 6.89 Mbps
                            My upload speed is 0.24 Mbps

This is on an over head BT landline about 2 miles from the little local exchange that has the internet connection
                            Tell me about it - I'm sick of arguing with BT - our exchange is about 2.5 miles away and we're about the last on the line.
                            The line is draped in hedgerows, drooping between poles and gets hacked to bits every time it's hedge cutting time!!

There must be dozens of joints in the line and it is so subject to weather conditions it's untrue.
                            The best I've ever seen is 1.3mb download - I check our speed weekly, sometimes daily when it's totally crap.
                            I've got a good set of figures now for the whole of this year and am going to have another concerted effort at the bar stewards shortly.
                            their stock answer is they don't guarantee you 2mb for your money!! I certainly expect a f***s sight better than what I have most of the time and now have figures to prove the average is little better than 380kb (0.38mb) over 8 months.
                            The only time we get anything decent is after they've had to put it all back together again after some farmer's hacked it to bits with a flail and they've grafted in two new junctions and a load of new cable ....... again there is certainly a lot of it that needs total replacement and if I could hack the loss of net for another two weeks (that was how long the last repair took) I'd hook up the line to the back of the Rangey and drag the bloody lot out the hedges one night.

'Praps we ought to plan a holiday somewhere and 'deal' with the issue the day before we leave !
                            Might be sorted by the time we get back!!
                            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                            X