Hired in plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired in plant

I today received a 5 toner from hewden. It's a zero tail swing cat. Comes with a near brand new ditching bucket and a digging bucket that needs a dentist to tighten the teeth!

Hewden have a core plant promise so max delivery charge is £75 so that tuned out better than the £100 plus vat I was quoted and if you order before 12 you get it next day before 12 so I did that and it came at half 2! So I should get some hire off or something!

Pics etc to follow!

You'd expect the hire to start from the next day really .... but then again fermers are 24 hour day merchants .. not 8
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I was planning so late shifts with it but its not a 24 hr machine. As is came with only one light on the roof!!

It worked away fine today only shed the track once! I can throw the tracks for my 8018 on no bother if it ever came off its a wee bit harder/heavier on a 5 tonner!

Comment

Some pics from today!
        Attached Files

Comment

How did you like the Cat machine Jim? I've seen a lot of Cat mini's here but never ran one myself, I also heard recently that the new line coming out for mini's will be made by Wacker Neuson. And what were you building/digging?

Comment

Aye it's not bad to drive. It's a 5 tonner so it's a good size! The track did come off today and it was a little awkward due to the size to get it on again yourself but I managed!

I have seen them whacker neuson machines in the earth movers magazine and thought they looked alright but never seen one in the flesh!

Comment

Yeah I haven't seen any yet just the C series machines like what you've got. There is a 3.5 tonner with just a canopy for sale near here but I gotta make some money before I can put an offer on anything. Keep posting the pictures Jim!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                Aye it's not bad to drive. It's a 5 tonner so it's a good size! The track did come off today and it was a little awkward due to the size to get it on again yourself but I managed!

I have seen them whacker neuson machines in the earth movers magazine and thought they looked alright but never seen one in the flesh!
                We had a demo of their 8 tonner a few years ago and it was an absolute dog it could barely lift a full bucket of stone at full reach. It was a short tail swing machine with terrible counterbalance . The cab was a half finished afterthought inside, I'd never own one and the depreciation on them is pretty shocking too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  We had a demo of their 8 tonner a few years ago and it was an absolute dog it could barely lift a full bucket of stone at full reach. It was a short tail swing machine with terrible counterbalance . The cab was a half finished afterthought inside, I'd never own one and the depreciation on them is pretty shocking too.
                  Oh so Cat is maintaining their high standard of quality then...

Comment

Lost a track again today!

Comment

Worn out tracks Jim??

Comment

I had a Kubota u-20 that was bad for it ... short pitch tracks and I think the frame cannot have been true, as it kept throwing them off
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                          Worn out tracks Jim??
                          They look damn near brand new!

Comment

Could be misaligned idlers or a crook top roller too.................
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Good day today folks!! The track stayed on ALL day!,

Comment

Working...
                              X