No announcement yet.

Hired in plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed today that they have bypassed the main fuel filter with an inline one!! What would that be about? Can hewden not afford a genuine filter??

bloody picture needs set to the correct way up! Bloody ipad!!
    Attached Files

Comment

..... ..........
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'll tell you what it is .. on the cheap plant hire that a massive company like Hewden cant afford a bloody fuel filter. It may be the case that it was a temporary bodge, but, I wouldnt be surprised if its depot policy, as Ive seen it elsewhere. Now the chickens will come home to roost when someone gets a shed load of water in the fuel. They've by passed the water seperator so the injection pump is gonna get wet .. and todays pumps dont like that very much .. silly boys.

As usual .. its someone elses problem and someone elses money hell mend them
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          I'll tell you what it is .. on the cheap plant hire that a massive company like Hewden cant afford a bloody fuel filter. It may be the case that it was a temporary bodge, but, I wouldnt be surprised if its depot policy, as Ive seen it elsewhere. Now the chickens will come home to roost when someone gets a shed load of water in the fuel. They've by passed the water seperator so the injection pump is gonna get wet .. and todays pumps dont like that very much .. silly boys.

As usual .. its someone elses problem and someone elses money hell mend them

I spent ages looking at the glass in the original filter and seeing some diesel in it thinking how is that running with the air in the water separator??? Then I spotted that it wasn't connected to anything!!

Comment

Yeesh thats no good I usually see those little filters being sold for small gasoline engines.

Comment

Working...
            X