Marion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion

My friend and I went exploring recently and came across this old abandoned Marion dragline that I guess was used for gravel extraction at this old gravel pit that's now some kind of half a$$ed wildlife reserve. I'm not sure what the story is on the old dragline but it's certainly been sitting there for a very long time and has sustained all sorts of vandalism damage over the years.
    Attached Files

Shame to see it rusting away ,But a bit big , for a yard art .

Comment

Ive no love for drag lines , but it sure is a waste to see something like that ruined and rusting It would have a few stories to tell if it could
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Ive no love for drag lines , but it sure is a waste to see something like that ruined and rusting It would have a few stories to tell if it could
        Sounds like the word of a man who's spent time pulling wrenches or operating them. Yeah it would be interesting to see what that cab has over the years. I've never operated one myself I think the only ones still operating productively for the most part on this side of the pond are the big electric walking draglines in the coal mines of which I have seen operating in person.

Comment

Working...
        X