Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: faulty volvo ec35 control panel

faulty volvo ec35 control panel

Hi All

I have a 2006 volvo EC35 ,problem is sometimes the control panel wont fire up properly,the digits come up all funny or not at all,causing machine not to start,then the problem will go after you leave it for some time or sometimes if you give it a light tap,problem might go away and not happen for months or it could keep happening now and again for days ,it can also happen when your digging away then all power goes and comes backs couple seconds later but engine will be still running but nothing else works.

I have contacted volvo but they don't know either what is wrong apart from trying a new control panel at a cost of Ģ1500 + vat! which i don't want to do unless its 100% that causing fault.

Has any one else had this problem or heard of it as i am completly stuck !?

That was the after 'b*stard' from the PUMA system. It was a horrible hang over from the Pel Job days. It works by using earth straps all over the machine. You basically need to get all of the earths cleaned up before you can be sure you can throw out the brain its self. I think I had one replaced in my time for sure, because I remember it had to be coded with tyhe machines serial number and its correct hours.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    That was the after 'b*stard' from the PUMA system. It was a horrible hang over from the Pel Job days. It works by using earth straps all over the machine. You basically need to get all of the earths cleaned up before you can be sure you can throw out the brain its self. I think I had one replaced in my time for sure, because I remember it had to be coded with tyhe machines serial number and its correct hours.

Yeh volvo guy told me to check all earth points, checked them all bar 1 i think that i couldn't find, but what i find strange is if you give panel a tap sometimes it works and then other times its fine for months at a time, surely if it was earth it would be intermitint all the time? Is it poss to send panel away to get checked?

Quote Originally Posted by pedrod316 View Post
    Yeh volvo guy told me to check all earth points, checked them all bar 1 i think that i couldn't find, but what i find strange is if you give panel a tap sometimes it works and then other times its fine for months at a time, surely if it was earth it would be intermitint all the time? Is it poss to send panel away to get checked?
    No .. if a single earth has a poor connection it can throw up all sorts of wierd stuff,at any time with no consistency, sorry, but thats how shit the system was. Not sure if you can do anything with the panel, its probably a sealed unit.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

No .. if a single earth has a poor connection it can throw up all sorts of wierd stuff,at any time with no consistency, sorry, but thats how shit the system was. Not sure if you can do anything with the panel, its probably a sealed unit.

Theres no easy fix then! I wish i could find the other earth points to completly rule that issue out, but drawings are dreadfull of postions, nothing straight forward...

I think I have a puma fault finding supplement that their fitters used somewhere, see if I can find it incase it suggests anything else

I think I have a puma fault finding supplement that their fitters used somewhere, see if I can find it incase it suggests anything else
    That would be great if you could

Cheers

bump

Doh! I have too much to do these days .. will have a look tomorrow for you

Doh! I have too much to do these days .. will have a look tomorrow for you
    No prob! Many thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast