Honda Outboard Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Outboard Motor

I'm looking for a powerplant for a boat project and might be going to look at a 2006 Honda BF130 , anyone have any input on these .
    I know the early ones had a casting flaw that sometimes caused the block to crack ,I hope it was addressed long before this engine.
    Anyway I cant justify the extreme prices of new engines for the limited hours it will be used for .

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
    I'm looking for a powerplant for a boat project and might be going to look at a 2006 Honda BF130 , anyone have any input on these .
    I know the early ones had a casting flaw that sometimes caused the block to crack ,I hope it was addressed long before this engine.
    Anyway I cant justify the extreme prices of new engines for the limited hours it will be used for .
    You'd get your answer from a good boat forum faster .. like this one www.rib.net a lot of guys on there have them and will gladly advise you mate Its UK based but has a wealth of experienced members
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      You'd get your answer from a good boat forum faster ..
      Yup Muz I agree ,trouble is I'm not a member of any boating forums ,and we know regulars don't like new blowins gleaning free info ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
        Yup Muz I agree ,trouble is I'm not a member of any boating forums ,and we know regulars don't like new blowins gleaning free info ...
        But you are only asking opinions, which they'll gladly give you answers to .. I dont mind sharing info either, as we do here, but its when a noob chimes in for a technical fix, and doesent even reply to your answers is when the trouble starts, you could say that of any forum really .. in the end the knowledgeable guys just stop posting cos they cant be arsed repeating themselves... and they know the noobs havent bothered to do a search.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I know naught about holes in the water that silly folks throw money into..............
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I suppose Wazz has something like this on the go..............http://www.wimp.com/warshipwaves/
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Here you go Wazza ,I booked a fishing trip for you .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                I suppose Wazz has something like this on the go...........
                Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Here you go Wazza ,I booked a fishing trip for you .
                Thanks fellas that helps .
                Stock is that how they clear the decks and get rid of the seagull crap , part submarine part ship ...

Ian I think I have been on that boat before ...

Comment

Yeah well I went and looked at the 2006 model BF130hp motor ,it didn't look like a well cared for engine if it was a 2006 model {not very impressed at all}.
                  I rang a Honda dealer and they told me it wasn't possible to tell the year of manufacture from the serial number {@#$^%@} ....
                  Yet more searching online and I come across a forum with a pdf of the entire Honda outboard motor range{had to register to view it }, HA HA ,seems the BF130A was discontinued in 2004 and the one I was looking at was in fact a 2002 ,I didn't buy it ..........

Comment

Working...
                  X