jcb 4cx any good ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 4cx any good ??

hi i have a jcb 3cx at the moment heard some good things about the 4cx , are they the way foward ?

4cx

depends on your sort of work , lots of front bucket work and most of it off road then maybe
    utility work / built up /tight sites then no
    roading them in built up areas is not good , front wheel steer is pretty hopeless and will not get you round some junctions /mini roundabouts
    rear tyre wear was also bad

last one i operated was a 95 4cx super with massive reach on the backhoe
    it ended up in a yard loading a small viper box screener which it did well

Comment

we put up electricity poles wit a strimech pole planter on the front , went up the factory the otherday and alot of people on the bus are going towards the 4cx ,we do alot of road work travling to site to site ,

Comment

My friend Chris has driven and owned JCBs for years and won't have anything other than a 4cx!

Comment

For that type of work ,a 4CX would be good ,I reckoned the 4CX felt a hell of a lot more stable than the 3 CX i replaced it with .Crab steer mode is handy for getting yourself out of trouble ,EG ,slip sideway against some thing ,machine will walk sideways away from it . Steering lock in two wheel steer is bloody awful .

Comment

My bit of experience with the North American version was that it was poorly balanced every time I had to back one down a ramp with a plate compactor attachment on it I had to fill up the loader bucket so I wasn't doing a wheelie on the ramp. I also found it hopelessly gutless compared to some of the other brands we have over here like Cat, Deere, and Case and the interior was pretty cheap too and no bloody diff lock.

Comment

North American one is center mount Bert .lot of weight hanging out the back with them ..Center mount is a rarity out here ,and i would say in the UK as well .

Comment

poleplanter

Originally posted by Max Stacey View Post
                we put up electricity poles wit a strimech pole planter on the front , went up the factory the otherday and alot of people on the bus are going towards the 4cx ,we do alot of road work travling to site to site ,
                would be a good choice with a decent set of boots ,and spec LSD axles

i would favour the steering modes on the equal wheel cat over jcb though
                JCB has crab steer and which you have no control over , the cat has a rocker switch where you can put the rear wheels where you want ,then still steer the fronts ,so you can have crab steer that you can adjust what angle you are travelling at without the need to change modes ,try to line the machine up etc etc

never used one in anger though ,only had a quick go at the factory last year

Comment

thanks everyone , theres a few people that do the sa,e work as us they run 4cxs so they must be doing something right its a big decidion , we also have a 61 plate case 590 st on servo , not to keen on the servo but i suppose if your used to it its okay ,

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                    North American one is center mount Bert .lot of weight hanging out the back with them ..Center mount is a rarity out here ,and i would say in the UK as well .
                    Yeah I know we get the short end of the stick when it comes to loader/backhoes.

Comment

Working...
                    X