Rockets and conquering space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockets and conquering space

Ive always been fascinated with rockets and the journey to space. The moon landings and space shuttle missions were moments in time that were massive achievements that will be too easily forgotton. Harnessing chemistry and mechanics to turn over a diesel engine and move fluids with hydraulics to achieve work at the bucket is one thing, but to control an ongoing explosion that you have in a rocket engine is quite another. The engineering that went into the shuttle is unbelievable.

To control hundreds of tons of rocket and get it going skyward is quite incredible .. let alone working out the maths of the trajectory of its route.

I found an interesting clip of a shuttle launch that was witnessed from a jet close at hand which I thought I would post, you can understand the viewers exitement, it must have been an awesome sight.

Its one of my biggest dissapointments that the shuttle program ended before I ever managed to get to the US and witness a lift off

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

The whole moon thing was a staged set up Muz didn't you watch Capricorn one???
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      The whole moon thing was a staged set up Muz didn't you watch Capricorn one???
      I'm not surprised by conspiracy theorists ..if the NASA blokes couldnt get right a moon landing, how have they put a rover on Mars now ? and how come we have a working GPS system for the last umpteen years ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        I'm not surprised by conspiracy theorists ..if the NASA blokes couldnt get right a moon landing, how have they put a rover on Mars now ? and how come we have a working GPS system for the last umpteen years ?
        Do we not use a Russian GPS system??

Well if they could fool us into thinking they landed on the moon who says they can't use CGI to fool us in to believing that they have a machine on Mars........Maybe the Martins are using it as a cover for an invasion...........

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Do we not use a Russian GPS system??

Well if they could fool us into thinking they landed on the moon who says they can't use CGI to fool us in to believing that they have a machine on Mars.
          Well.. If the Russians made it .. They sure knew the codes to switch it off last time the Buffoon Bush came to visit Scotland for the G8 so that means they control us then ? Err no I think that myth is well busted Who says Sputnik isn't cgi? In the 50's

Comment

Working...
          X