Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo buy Terex dumper division

Terex Agrees to Sell Truck Business To Volvo for $160 Million

Terex Corporation has announced that it has agreed to sell its truck business to Volvo Construction Equipment for cash proceeds of approximately $160 million. The truck business manufactures and sells off-highway rigid and articulated haul trucks. Included in the transaction is the manufacturing facility in Motherwell, Scotland. The sale, which is subject to government regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, is targeted to close in the first half of 2014.
    “The truck business has been an important part of our Company for more than three decades and continues to produce world class products with dedicated and talented employees,” said Ron DeFeo, Terex Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “However, trucks no longer fit within our changing portfolio of lifting and material handling businesses. I am confident that the truck business will benefit by joining a company sharing similar competencies and offering complementary products and services. We are pleased to have entered into this agreement with Volvo, which represents a strong strategic buyer for the business who values our distribution network and team members.”
    Mr. DeFeo continued, “The sale of the Truck business reflects our strategy to manage our portfolio of businesses and focus on those businesses that provide the greatest returns for our shareholders. We recently announced the initiation of quarterly cash dividends to our shareholders and a share repurchase program and the proceeds from this sale aid our efforts to improve our financial efficiency and implement these programs.

Commenting on the rationale of the deal Volvo CE’s president, Pat Olney said: “This is a strategic acquisition that offers Volvo CE considerable scope for growth. The addition of a well-respected range of rigid haulers extends the earthmoving options for customers involved in light mining applications at a time of renewed confidence in the sector. The addition of TEL’s articulated hauler range will enhance our position in this segment, particularly in high-growth markets. We believe that the Motherwell facility and its global team members, as well as the current distribution partners, are valuable to the success of the business in the future.”
    A driven man with a burning passion.

I'm not sure ( apart from as was explained) why a company like Volvo who already makes a successful ADT would buy Terex out other than to remove a competitor from the market place? I hope it doesn't mean bad news for the Motherwell staff
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they did close that factory Muz, after Volvo bought out Champion Graders which was one of our very few heavy equipment manufacturers they closed the factory in Goderich, Ontario and killed another piece of Canadiana....effin Swedes.

Comment

Working...
      X