Lifton 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton 850

Bad day today. 8 metres ready mix and Lifton 850 died at site entrance. Hard work with the wheel barrows.Site wouldn`t allow conveyed machine. Anyway turns out diesel polluted with water- not noticed when filling in the dark ( mini digger also filled Arrrrgh). Tried all day to get machine started put having flushed it through with clean diesel no pressure to the outlets on the injector pump. Injector valves were dismantled and whilst removed hand pumping produced a good flow on replacing no fuel comes out either when hand pumped or turned over with starter motor. Any suggestions?
    As important can I put the wheels into free wheeling mode so I can at least get it on my trailer and back to workshop.
    What a day-still at least I got up!!!

Originally posted by jddevel View Post
    can I put the wheels into free wheeling mode so I can at least get it on my trailer and back to workshop.
    There is a method to release the 'bind' but it requires adjusting a valve on the pump, and has to be set at the correct pressure on return otherwise your drive will be forever faulty unless you have good hydraulic facilities with lots of fittings and a good pressure test ability/facility

Originally posted by jddevel View Post
    Tried all day to get machine started put having flushed it through with clean diesel no pressure to the outlets on the injector pump. Injector valves were dismantled and whilst removed hand pumping produced a good flow on replacing no fuel comes out either when hand pumped or turned over with starter motor. Any suggestions?
    Dodgy fuel cut off solenoid ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

850 Lifton

Thanks Muz. Having acted like a headless chicken in the end gave up and "pushed" it back onto the site with our tractor. Fortunately soft mud. Anyway thought about the solenoid last night. To wet to day to try it. As I had to totally rewire when I bought it recently -including putting on a new pump solenoid which due to a faulty relay I now operate using a push switch on start up- I suppose I assumed solenoid was/is OK but yes could be a coincidence and solenoid problem possibly bought on by my "activity" flushing the system.
      Hopefully a dry spell tomorrow will allow me to look through fresh eyes. Don`t want to go down the road of fiddling with brakes etc.

Comment

Working...
      X