Rent a Vent Exhaust filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent a Vent Exhaust filters

So we ended up hiring from these guys http://www.rentavent.co.uk/ and I thought I'd show you the stuff and set up.

The customer has asked for a 3 tonner or there abouts. This Kubota u-25 has a smallish 3 cylinder engine that is very clean burning as it stands so was the machine selected for the job. I was a bit concerned with the pressure on the exhaust side but the kit uses a much wider diameter pipe and the filter box was a good size, and all this should have the effect of keeping the exhaust pressure low.

I ran and tested the rig and no perceptible increase in running temps were detected. It may be that the silencer box on the diggers' exhaust runs a little hotter, but we'll keep an eye on that.

Img_2152.jpgImg_2153.jpgIMG_2155.jpgImg_2154.jpg

I'm guessing the filter is some sort of ceramic material
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

So how does it work? Does it just filter out the carbon monoxide and the soot?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
      So how does it work? Does it just filter out the carbon monoxide and the soot?
      Just the soot and larger particulates, its not a catalytic converter as such, so normal NOx and CO and CO2 will still be released. So the perception is that its cleaner and apart from the Nitrous Oxides, its a lot better than direct output I suppose.

Ive had varying suggestions as to filter life, it depends on the source engine and its load I suppose. We have another to fit to a dumper which I will post photos of also once I get it plumbed up

The company hire you the vents and filter box, and supply the filter which is disposable.
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz , That excavator , for a hire fleet machine is a credit to you..
        It will be interesting to see how much nasty stuff is caught by this Filter .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Muz , That excavator , for a hire fleet machine is a credit to you..
          It will be interesting to see how much nasty stuff is caught by this Filter .
          Cheers fella this one is a 2009 .. and its only done 1500 Hrs to date ... The year I bought it , was just after the recession hit the UK and it was like someone turned off the lights ... I ended up parking it in a shed for a year before it turned a cog

I'll get a good look and take pics of the filter once we are done. The job was supposed to be starting in two days time, but its been put back again until Monday/Tuesday now.

Comment

And I suppose now the filter is on your paying hire on it, while you wait .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              And I suppose now the filter is on your paying hire on it, while you wait .
              Hopefully not I mentioned to them that the job had been delayed by the client, and they 'seemed' fine by that ... well here's the evidence of it parked in my yard

Anyway .. I wasnt satisfied with the flexi hose flapping about, so I made a bracket that mounts onto the door bump stop (a whole hours work )

IMG_2157.jpg Img_2156.jpg

You cant see it but theres a little tang on the back side of the strap that stops it dropping so it will stay straight

Comment

Working...
              X