Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram reseal

Hi
    I have just had 1 ram resealed and 1 re roded and sealed as they where leaking.
    My digger is a ec15b, my question is what oil is best for hydraulics in southern england, and how much would be needed if i did a whole system refill.
    Thanks Brett

I Like Castrols AWS 32 ,.. but anything of similar specs will do .... all the major producers make it, they all have different names of course. Probably best you put a new filter on too if you are going to that level of draining the system (its under the seat). Cant remember the quantities, but the tank wont be more than 3 gallons. Bear in mind also, that if you drain that, the total system capacilty will be 4 or 5, so in reality you will only be cleaning 2/3rds of the system just by doing the tank
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz
      Do i take it that any iso 32 will be ok, i do suffer from hot oil in the summer when using the post rammer, looking to prevent this or at worst find the best oil to cope with hot running.

Comment

Originally posted by bretthawk View Post
        Thanks Muz
        Do i take it that any iso 32 will be ok, i do suffer from hot oil in the summer when using the post rammer, looking to prevent this or at worst find the best oil to cope with hot running.
        Yes .. they all have the same viscosity, so as long as they are the 32 spec they will be fine. Ec 15's have the cooler for oil in front of the Rad (like most machines).. make sure the fins are not obstructed by dirt build up .. or more likely, that there isnt a patch of rubbish caught between the oil cooler and the radiator its self. This is a common area for stuff to collect and is not readily visible, but severely impacts the cooling system. The gap between the two is only 3/4 of an inch or so, and you must shine a torch through from one side to make sure its clear so the radiator is doing its job. Its all too easy to look from the side and it seems clear, but this is no good, slide the oil cooler out and check the rad, from side to side .. i'll bet theres some shit in there , cos most folks dont do that check, and it has a big impact on the coolant system
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

http://www.mobilindustrial.com/ind/e...-stability.pdf
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
          X